• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Server switching between game modes when not applicable

Draegonfly

• Apr 4, 2019
    In trying to figure out how to make it possible again to let players vote for the game mode they want to be in, I ran into a number of problems. The first, of course being that the method with the path no longer works. I then noticed that when in the server and voting for the map "Frightyard_Objective" the server switched to actual objective mode. I got the limited amount of maps the mode shows and everything, but when I voted for a map (Nuked, in this case) it took the server back to Survival mode.
    I tried a number of methods to see if it would make voting for game modes possible, but none of them worked. In time, I changed the map to Frightyard_Objective in the webadmin instead of in the server and noticed that it did not take the server out of survival mode in this case, so I went back in the server itself to change the map again, using Frightyard_Objective again, but this time, too it stayed in survival mode.
    Seems a little buggy all told. ;)