• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server not appearing in the ingame browser

Hi there

I got the same behaviour - can connect directly (LAN/INTERNET) and on my paketfilter (sophos) i can see packets are not dropped or blocked - but still, the server does not appear on the ingame browser, even not after 2 hours of waiting and be patient :)

I did forward 7777:7779, 27015 and 20560 and outgoing every port is open for the dedicated ... i did host many other games, so i dont think it is a network issue.

Is there a setting, that should be enabled for publishing? Could it be, that maybe NAT is a problem? I did try also with -multihome=0.0.0.0 but this doesnt help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You're running this server on your own LAN, behind a NAT, is that correct? Generally if you're on the same LAN as the server you'll initially see the server in the Internet Servers tab, but it quickly gets filtered onto the LAN tab. That's a local thing only though. Other people will see it show up in their Internet list. I've run into this myself in my own internal testing and as it's the Steam backend that actually provides the server lists to your game client, it's somewhere in there that it decides to classify it as a LAN server from your perspective. People in the office have been able to see my home server just fine in the Internet list though.

Upvote 0
PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN;n2297254 said:
You're running this server on your own LAN, behind a NAT, is that correct? Generally if you're on the same LAN as the server you'll initially see the server in the Internet Servers tab, but it quickly gets filtered onto the LAN tab. That's a local thing only though. Other people will see it show up in their Internet list. I've run into this myself in my own internal testing and as it's the Steam backend that actually provides the server lists to your game client, it's somewhere in there that it decides to classify it as a LAN server from your perspective. People in the office have been able to see my home server just fine in the Internet list though.

Yeah and if that isn't the case try checking your firewall.

Upvote 0