• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server Losing connection to Master server!

kfserver707

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 22, 2018
hi, i have a dedicated killing floor server that is being hosted in the cloud. now the os that the host is using is windows 7 and everything works as far as the game goes but the only problem I have is that every once in a while after changing maps or even when the server becomes empty it will lose connection to the master query server I'm guessing because it will show that the server is offline in the game server browser and in gametracker. the other problem is that the server will still be on and will still let people connect to it even if it's showing that its offline in the server browser. I tried adding the server to favorites to see if that helped and that was a no go it still showed as offline but still could connect to it. I tried deleting it and adding it again in favorites and the server came up as an unknown server but till when clicked to join it will still let me join. i have also found out that when it goes offline in the game server browser and in gametracker the web admin will also stop to work. the only thing i could do is manually restart the damn thing so it will register as online again. oh yeah, beofre I forget I have tried some auto restart scripts just in case the server crashed but that does not help since the server does not crash but lose connection to the master query server. PS yes all ports are open and yes when it's showing online web admin works and all its just when it's sowing offline in the browser that its a problem.