• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server disappears in the server list after time

Tefaan

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2012
Hi,
I've got a vserver with Ubuntu 13.04 set up two servers in two different locations on the same vserver. Now I gave the second server the port 7717 and increased every other port in the config by 10. It's basically the same server just with different ports.
The first server is always running and when the second server starts you can connect to it. But after some time it seems to be dead in the servers list and I can only connect to it via the Webadmin stuff and the first server is still working perfectly. I forwarded the port 7717 with that command: sudo iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 7717 -j ACCEPT
Server1 config:
Spoiler!

Another question:
Why does the game start without any mutator set up in the start file? It only activates the mutators when I vote a gameconfig which contains all these mutators.
I don't know if this is different on Linux to Windows, but in my start up file I have "?Mutator=" and then my list of mutators. So, an equals sign rather than a colon.

Upvote 0
I don't know if this is different on Linux to Windows, but in my start up file I have "?Mutator=" and then my list of mutators. So, an equals sign rather than a colon.

Wow. You're right. I don't know how the colon got there. Thanks! Solved one problem!

Another question:
Why do I have eight instances running when I check it via htop? I only started two servers each one time.

EDIT: Now when I switch the map on the second server I can see it in the server list again.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I host two linux kf servers and yes, they appear to start four "threads" for each instance, always thought this was.. normal. But apparently that's not how the Windows build behave.

Oh well... we'll probably never know. Maybe it's Icculus's attempt at taking advantage of SMP back in the days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I host two linux kf servers and yes, they appear to start four "threads" for each instance, always thought this was.. normal. But apparently that's not how the Windows build behave.

Oh well... we'll probably never know. Maybe it's Icculus's attempt at taking advantage of SMP back in the days.

That's good to know that it's normal. I still try to figure out why the second server isn't reachable sometimes. It always happens when I change the map on the first server. It's still reachable via the web interface.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if it's allowed to bump this thread but since I'm still having the problem that the connection to the second server is interrupted when the first server changes it's map, I don't think it's necessary to open a new thread.

To get up to date: I copied server one and changed the port from 7707 to 7717 and also the webadmin port I've increased by 10.

There's no error message that hints something. It's just that I lose the connection while playing on it and can't reconnect after the map changed on the other server. I asked the support of the hosting and he said he can't help since the ports are opened automatically and it should work.

That's the KillingFloor.ini of the first server:

[url]http://pastebin.com/YXbf87Wf[/URL]

That's the file of the second:

[url]http://pastebin.com/8DkmKHRn[/URL]

Upvote 0
My first instinct is that it's BECAUSE you've increased the ports by exactly 10. Unless my memory fails me, 7717 is one of the ports forwarded normally, so trying to use 7717 for your second server is probably causing a port conflict. Try increasing the ports by 2 or 5 or something.

Upvote 0
My first instinct is that it's BECAUSE you've increased the ports by exactly 10. Unless my memory fails me, 7717 is one of the ports forwarded normally, so trying to use 7717 for your second server is probably causing a port conflict. Try increasing the ports by 2 or 5 or something.

You must be right. It seems to work now. Thanks a lot! I increased it by three.

Upvote 0