• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server consistenly takes 20-45 seconds to appear in server browser

Vyrnach

Oct 13, 2009
I used to host a bunch of servers way back on and off without issues and have recently started again for the new event. I quickly noticed was how long it took for my servers to appear in the server browser which did not happen before. I clocked them appearing (if at all) consistently at around 35 seconds or longer. Same result when using the steam client server browser

Is there anything I can do about this? Tried changing my steam client and server region without any effect

Affected servers

They appear in the Steam server browser as soon as they send the information they are online, and that the Steam server browser list is refreshed on Steam's end.
Favorites should appear instantly though, If they do not, they probably take long time to start completely.

EDIT: use a tool like HLSW or SourceAdminTool and add your servers (with IP:QUERYPORT), it is basically the same as in game favorites or Steam server browser favorites. They will show online as soon as they are started. If they do not, as I said, it is because they take a long time to start (for example try to access their web admin, it will be accessible as soon as the server is started completely).
Here you go, many possibilities to troubleshoot, but I think they just do not start quickly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0