• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SdKfz 251 variants

SdKfz 251 variants

• SdKfz 251/2 (8cm mortar)

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • SdKfz 251/9 "Stummel" (7.5cm KwK L/24)

Votes: 24 23.5%
  • SdKfz 251/10 (3.7cm PaK 35/36)

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • SdKfz 251/21 (three MG151 15mm guns in turret)

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • SdKfz 251/22 (7.5cm PaK40 L/46)

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters
You only say that until you search for reference pics of the inside. I don't think there are many pics that show how exactly the guns were mounted there, how the sights looked and so on. The interior makes those models really much work

It's still less work than making a whole new model. For the hell of it, here's what I came up with for internal pics after about 2 min on google...

Gun Mount for the 251/21
image.php

251/9

sdkfz2519lateaj_7.jpg

sdkfz2519lateaj_8.jpg

sdkfz2519lateaj_5.jpg

sdkfz2519lateaj_6.jpg

251/22

sdkfz25222c.jpg

There were many more pics, this is just what I was able to pull up in a couple minutes.

Upvote 0
The 251/9 would be the best simply because it would add some infantry support to a map. I would like to see a map where the Russians get really insane defensive positions with extreamly wel placed bunkers and some AT guns, and then give the Germans one or two close support vehicles like the Stummel or early version of the Stug(ausf B?) to balance it all out.

Upvote 0
The 251/9 would be the best simply because it would add some infantry support to a map. I would like to see a map where the Russians get really insane defensive positions with extreamly wel placed bunkers and some AT guns, and then give the Germans one or two close support vehicles like the Stummel or early version of the Stug(ausf B?) to balance it all out.

Exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of. Like a smaller version of Berezina, with no tanks. Just a 251/9 or two, and two or three regular 251's for the Germans. No vehicles for the Russians, they have to rely on their fortifications, MG's, and AT Rifles.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yes, those are 1:35 scale models. But as Afterburner already stated, model builders tend to be pretty **** with minor details. Also, that was just what I came up with in 2 minutes. I'm sure if I spent some time I could find internal pics of an actual 251/9. The Patton Armor Museum has one if I recall correctly. They were one of the more common 251 variants so I'm sure there's still a few of them around.

Upvote 0
Those models seem to show detail, but they don't. If you really are modelling this interior, this pics are useless. The top one is too small and doesn't show any detail. The others show maybe 30% of the detail that you would expect from an RO vehicle interior.

And this modeller doesn't seem to be very good. He left his fingerprints all over the model...

Upvote 0
Those models seem to show detail, but they don't. If you really are modelling this interior, this pics are useless. The top one is too small and doesn't show any detail. The others show maybe 30% of the detail that you would expect from an RO vehicle interior.

And this modeller doesn't seem to be very good. He left his fingerprints all over the model...

Doesn't show any detail? Combined they show the locations of the seats, the gun sight, the gun, the gun's mount, the MG42 mount, the radio, the ammo storage, and the ready rack. Certainly sufficient detail for an RO model.

I can't seem to find any pics of the interior of a real 251/9, but I have heard that there are several books available that have some good interior pics. There are several WW2 reenactor units that have 251/9's, although I believe that they are all converted OT-810's. There is also a real 251/9 at the Patton Armor Museum. I'm sure someone on here lives close enough that they can go take some pics of it.

But just to make you happy, here's some pics from a better model... This one has far more detail than what you'd ever see in RO.

gernadebox.jpg

insiderightside.jpg

wheelsdirtied.jpg

Upvote 0