• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SDK Tutorials/Guides

To be fair ,you should be learning majority of it on your own. The only thing people really can do is teach the basics and from there, you expand, test or whatever. We're lucky to have what we have now as it is. In KF1, majority of us modders had to consistantly teach people and the tutorial wiki didn't turn up until a good few years in.

I second this. I'm new to coding with unreal script, but you really shouldn't attempt to do this language without some sort of programming experience, no matter how basic.

The developers like Marco that release their source code are great ways to learn how to do stuff, and it's been an absolute pleasure being able to browse their code to learn how to do specific things.

I know personally I've got a long way to go but I am definitely feeling a lot better about it, and I haven't really had anyone to explain it to me.

Just take some time, dig into the code for the base game, and check out some public source codes. You'd be surprised at what you can learn.

Upvote 0
To be fair ,you should be learning majority of it on your own. The only thing people really can do is teach the basics and from there, you expand, test or whatever. We're lucky to have what we have now as it is. In KF1, majority of us modders had to consistantly teach people and the tutorial wiki didn't turn up until a good few years in.

I second this. I'm new to coding with unreal script, but you really shouldn't attempt to do this language without some sort of programming experience, no matter how basic.

The developers like Marco that release their source code are great ways to learn how to do stuff, and it's been an absolute pleasure being able to browse their code to learn how to do specific things.

I know personally I've got a long way to go but I am definitely feeling a lot better about it, and I haven't really had anyone to explain it to me.

Just take some time, dig into the code for the base game, and check out some public source codes. You'd be surprised at what you can learn.

Both of these. It'll take some time to learn, especially if you don't have any experience in C++ or Java (which are similar in syntax).

On that note, Epic Games (Unreal Engine creators) have some useful information on their website:

Upvote 0