• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design SDK Crashes on mapload

Cranston_29thid

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
I've been working on a map for a while now. All in all the SDK has worked reasonably well. Yesterday I tried to open my map and the SDK stopped working. It seems it is not specific to my map. If I try to open any map that is not a tiny one (IE the TWI example maps) the SDK crashes. This is what I get in showlog:
Code:
[0035.57] Log: Encountered missing default brush - spawning new one
[0036.45] Critical: appError called: Assertion failed: BulkDataOffsetInFile == Ar.Tell() [File:d:/RO2_Staging/Development/Src/Core/Src/UnBulkData.cpp] [Line: 629]
Bad offset for Texture2D Props_Apartment.Trim.Materials.Apartment_Trim_1_Norm
Stack: Address = 0x40220d99 (filename not found) [in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Red Orchestra 2/binaries/win64/rogame.exe]
Address = 0x401c5fb3 (filename not found) [in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Red Orchestra 2/binaries/win64/rogame.exe]
Address = 0x4046b7b5 (filename not found) [in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Red Orchestra 2/binaries/win64/rogame.exe]
Address = 0x40471343 (filename not found) [in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Red Orchestra 2/binaries/win64/rogame.exe]
Address = 0x40209e23 (filename not found) [in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Red Orchestra 2/binaries/win64/rogame.exe]
Address = 0x40251e0d (filename not found) [in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Red[0036.45] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed
 successfully. (0)

[0123.53] Critical: HandleError re-entered.

I've tried to reinstall the SDK and delete the ROEditor.ini file and re-verifying. Anyone have any ideas?

Do you remember if you saved any packages whilst saving your map? Sometimes they pop up in the save menu. Go into my documents>mygames>ro2>rogame>unpublished>content

Or maybe it's unpublished>cookedpc

There may be some files in there you need to delete. Someone else will have to go into what the saved file may look like as I can't remember.

Upvote 0