• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scrake Mutator

Agree. There should be a mutator for all zeds. Plus I think the mutators should ONLY be the zed you pick. I hate doing a bloat mutator to lvl up my demo and other zeds come out and ruin the fun.
Maybe there is a reason for that?
Nah, couldn't be.

If they put out a mutator for all of them the spawn mutators would likely be removed from the whitelist. This has been discussed multiple times.
Please use the search function.

Upvote 0
is RETARDED is that there are mutators for some specimen where stats will still be tracked for leveling.

go into solo and put on the clotted or bloated mutator and keep track of your headshots ;) put on poundamodium and use an AA12 to get that acheivement.

if some mutators work for some specimen, there is no reason why ones for other specimen shouldn't be whitelisted

Upvote 0
is RETARDED is that there are mutators for some specimen where stats will still be tracked for leveling.

go into solo and put on the clotted or bloated mutator and keep track of your headshots ;) put on poundamodium and use an AA12 to get that acheivement.

if some mutators work for some specimen, there is no reason why ones for other specimen shouldn't be whitelisted
Well I can't say for all but I can imagine that there's no stalker one simply because it would make commando leveling an absolute breeze...the others I'm not so sure of...

Upvote 0
If they're really worried about damage farming, it leaves me scratching my head why Poundamonium was left in. Played legit, you can really only level Demo/Support/Sharpshooter without dying, but few use legit poundamonium.

With glitchy, exploit-filled Whitelisted levels, there's no faster way to level than Poundamonium. Being untouchable by the FPs, but able to crank all your ammo into 'em makes Poundamonium on Boink or Concert Hall THE premier way to level...

Bloat-ed is almost as bad...

Upvote 0
^ bullpup and AK can instakill stalkers like clots on beginner, making farming them very very very easy, trivializing that part of the perk

As for the scrake Mutator:

http://ifile.it/ipq936v/ScrakeMut.zip

you should know the drill, extract to KF/System and make sure you've got perkReplacer going because trying to kill them with a 9mil and no perks isnt going to work out very well

Upvote 0
If they're really worried about damage farming, it leaves me scratching my head why Poundamonium was left in. Played legit, you can really only level Demo/Support/Sharpshooter without dying, but few use legit poundamonium.

With glitchy, exploit-filled Whitelisted levels, there's no faster way to level than Poundamonium. Being untouchable by the FPs, but able to crank all your ammo into 'em makes Poundamonium on Boink or Concert Hall THE premier way to level...

Bloat-ed is almost as bad...

that's how i got level6 demo in a few hours :eek: :D not afraid to admit it too since after doing everything else legit, i didn't feel like wasting my time on a class i would never play anyway

again, highlights the point that they are currently mutators for clots, bloats, sirens, fleshpounds, and gorefasts that will all level your perks. all those specimen are needed to level up your perks and get various acheivements. why the mutators for the other specimen won't get whitelisted is a mystery.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
that's how i got level6 demo in a few hours :eek: :D not afraid to admit it too since after doing everything else legit, i didn't feel like wasting my time on a class i would never play anyway

again, highlights the point that they are currently mutators for clots, bloats, sirens, fleshpounds, and gorefasts that will all level your perks. all those specimen are needed to level up your perks and get various acheivements. why the mutators for the other specimen won't get whitelisted is a mystery.

My "Hellfire" (Husk-only) Mutator had to switch damage types and use a completely new husk with more health and damage just to be whitelistable so it couldnt be farmed by firebugs

No reason for commandos to get special treatment

Upvote 0
what i think is funny is that the first time this issue came up about specimen mutators back in May, TW actually said "leveling is not enabled when using sandbox mode or using the specimen mutators" well that is a crock.....you've always been able to use the 5 preinstalled specimen mutators and still have tracking enabled.

there is no arguement why only some specimen should have a mutator while others shouldn't. i'm still waiting to here somebody explain why a scrake, stalker or crawler mutator is worse than a clot, bloat, siren, gorefast, or fleshpound only mutator. and until i see one, it's still my opinion that if one mutator will allow for leveling, then all should. it's either they all work, or none of them work.

Upvote 0
Well we could just remove perk leveling entirely from the game and fix a lot of issues. But I suppose there are a lot of people that play just to level. I preferred the mods perks much more. But I digress...

On one hand de-listing all of them (which I would prefer of the two) would anger some people new to KF on the basis that it makes leveling perks harder. I'm not convinced of this since the only perk I ground out was support in the first week. Not fun at all.

On the other hand whitelist additional mutators would 'make leveling easier.' This would anger some older members that spent lots of time to farm stalkers.

So I think TWI is just leaving it on the basis of not trying to alienate any of their player basis.

Upvote 0
yeah almost like allowing for a 50/50 deal.....let some perks be easier for leveling so people don't get as frustrated, but not allow for all to make it somewhat challenging. only problem with that is, when people have to go and grind out those perks that are harder to level, it just makes it even worse because of how much more of a grind it is for level some perks that don't have zed specific mutators.

i agree with both points completely. it's my opinion that what's best for the game as a whole is to let all the specimen mutators be whitelisted. for the older vets, why should they/we (i consider myself a vet of retail) be bothered by new players getting to level? we all got our perks anyway so who cares if other get it "Easier".......i'm personally content with all my level6s and remember, having a high perk doesn't always make up for the lack of real skill. ;)

Upvote 0