• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scorched Earth - Clan Knockout Tournament

Are you saying that we should exclude every clan that does not play on a regular basis or does not play in ROladder or does not practice?
Mmm interesting

He's saying you should include every clan that DOES play on a regular basis, which is not the same as what you've inferred.

Personally I see no reason why the tournament shouldn't be expanded to accommodate all teams wishing to enter, after all why not? Expanding the tournament requires no further division of the prize money since that's only allocated to the top 2 teams anyway and it improves the depth of competition and credibility of the competition. By handpicking a small number of teams you're only handicapping yourselves when in fact you actually have a perfect opportunity to host a large tournament taking full advantage of the developer support and say to the rest of the world "Hey this is the RO community, look at our big fancy tournament showcasing what we can do!".

I don't know what your selection process is so I can't comment on that, but your comments in this thread have made me slightly wary and anxious that it will not include all 'deserving' teams. I really hope you do the right thing and don't mess up this fantastic opportunity the developers have given you.

Upvote 0
It's a competition for a cash prize and you have no knowledge of which clans are competitive and actually are putting in the effort to practice with their team everyday and have a history in RO1. You also have no way of knowing which teams are poorly organized, rarely play the game and might not have all their members ready when their matches come. So in the end you are going to leave out some top level teams and end up with some very one sided games and a poor competitive environment.
Agreed, you should have a qualification round(if there are alot of clans signed up), this will make it a competitive environment and the games will not be one sided.

Upvote 0
He's saying you should include every clan that DOES play on a regular basis, which is not the same as what you've inferred.

Personally I see no reason why the tournament shouldn't be expanded to accommodate all teams wishing to enter, after all why not? Expanding the tournament requires no further division of the prize money since that's only allocated to the top 2 teams anyway and it improves the depth of competition and credibility of the competition. By handpicking a small number of teams you're only handicapping yourselves when in fact you actually have a perfect opportunity to host a large tournament taking full advantage of the developer support and say to the rest of the world "Hey this is the RO community, look at our big fancy tournament showcasing what we can do!".

I don't know what your selection process is so I can't comment on that, but your comments in this thread have made me slightly wary and anxious that it will not include all 'deserving' teams. I really hope you do the right thing and don't mess up this fantastic opportunity the developers have given you.

Concerns noted..

Upvote 0
Did I post something wrong when I asked consideration for enlarging this cup for 64 or 128 entrants in favour of RO:hos reputation? There surely has to be a demand if RO:hos wants itself to be taken seriously. Please reply if this is not the case.

Just imagine if BF3 or latest CoD released similar tournament with 32 max teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: [3.SA]Koba
Upvote 0
Please feel free to get me in a team ^^

Played for 2 years in Call Of Duty 4 at a competitive level, got LAN experience at the top of the game, and competed in many online competitions in cod4 featuring high prizefunds.

I personally think i'm a very strong scope, since thats what i played in cod4.

From UK too if that helps!

Feel free to add me to get some stuff going!

xfire - daabaa
steam - daabaa
THANKS

Upvote 0
One very serious question.

Once in a pcw a few days ago when my team's last guy died, instead of us all spawning with the last reinforcement wave the teams swapped side :O.

Will you try and recreate the situation before the bug if this happens in a match, or will you just replay the round?
You don't need to answer soon, it's a difficult question imho :D.

Upvote 0
One very serious question.

Once in a pcw a few days ago when my team's last guy died, instead of us all spawning with the last reinforcement wave the teams swapped side :O.

Will you try and recreate the situation before the bug if this happens in a match, or will you just replay the round?
You don't need to answer soon, it's a difficult question imho :D.

Thanks for the heads up..We'll look into that...;)

Reactions: smokeythebear
Upvote 0
Hello,

I am the representative of depressed gamers. We played in many FPS tournaments before, and we would like to take a shot at Red Orchestra. We currently have more than 8 eligible members for the tournament.

Please accept us into the tournament. We are really looking forward to playing, and we won't disappoint. We will be active throughout the entire season.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I am the representative for team Depressed Gamers.

We have played in many FPS-related tournaments in the past. We are very excited to play RO2 competitively, and we think we would be a great fit for the tournament. Please accept us.

Note, we frequently update the amount of members on our team, so this will be the third application we will submit for the tournament.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the heads up..We'll look into that...;)
You might also want to excert your connection to Tripwire to speedline another serious CD bug: if you use a respawn wave and your last guy or guys die within the few seconds it takes for the respawn to come in play, you lose both of your extra reinfs instead of just one.

This has been reported in the beta testers' bug forum, but I have no idea if it's on the agenda. That's something that NEEDS to be fixed before a serious tournament in CD gamemode.

Reactions: smokeythebear
Upvote 0
Chaos Theory signed up

Chaos Theory signed up

group history

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RO2clan[url]http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RO2clan[/URL]

:former Crack Members
:former |aTo| clan/ Red Tide Participant (not to be confused with the new aTo established 9/28/2011)

Our current squad is comprised of many RO:OST veterans. In addition our membership includes players with a wide range of competitive FPS experience in multiple titles.

Team Chaos Theory is an established squad with an organized leadership and membership base that is looking forward to continuing its consistent competitive tradition from RO:OST into RO:HoS.

Upvote 0
Thanks Butch, but I actually meant "time of day" that registration closes. If its early then my Clan will have to decide by tomorrow who gets to register, but if it is late then we can do it Thursday.
We've got the sign ups open until September 30th 23:59GMT(+0) :)

How exactly are the clans to be in this tourney going to be decided? I imagine that way more than 16 signed up.

To choose the clans, we have got a selection process in place and they won't be selected randomly ;)
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=903531&postcount=56

Upvote 0