• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scorched Earth - Clan Knockout Tournament

forgottenhonor_banner_small.png

Pre-signups are closed

The pre-signups are now closed.
In the upcoming weeks we will release more information about the "Scorched Earth" clan tournament and announce the 32 clans that are selected(16 from Europe and 16 from the United States).

Stay tuned for more information!

Upvote 0
I hope things get announced soon. I thought it was supposed to begin on the 3rd of October.

The selection process has begun and we hope to complete that process over the coming days.

I have no idea where you got the start date as the 3rd of October as I can't recall any Tournament start date being published?

Upvote 0
The dates given were just placeholders..We'll be giving more info soon.
I see, thanks. How are the teams going to be selected? My team has been scrimming, going over strats, and being very active in preparation for the tournament. We even bought a server to practice on. I hope teams are selected by dedication, skill level, and maturity. It should not be based on seniority. Having new teams such as mine in the mix will change things up and put on an exciting show for vidcasted matches.

Reactions: [3.SA]Koba
Upvote 0
I see, thanks. How are the teams going to be selected? My team has been scrimming, going over strats, and being very active in preparation for the tournament. We even bought a server to practice on. I hope teams are selected by dedication, skill level, and maturity. It should not be based on seniority. Having new teams such as mine in the mix will change things up and put on an exciting show for vidcasted matches.

We have several times stated that we will not be revealing how teams are selected or who is involved in that selection process.
Suffice to say that it is not a simple case of picking clans..it is a fair and dispassionate process and we will allow all those involved to take all the time they need to complete it properly.

And your post is a good example why we will not be disclosing any details of anyone involved.
You are lobbying already that your clan should be included because your new and your taking it seriously..At the expense of?

I think a great deal of clans are taking it seriously both new and old..And all must given the same fair treatment throughout the selection process.

So please don't ask again as you won't get an answer..;)

Upvote 0
We have several times stated that we will not be revealing how teams are selected or who is involved in that selection process.

If that's the case, would you be so kind as to at least explain why the tournament size isn't expanded? Having just 16 EU and 16 NA teams doesn't seem like an awful lot to me.

Upvote 0
Well to double the number of teams from 32 to 64 only requires one additional round of matches. Many clans have their own servers which could easily be used for the initial rounds.

Sorry but that's not going to happen..We have made it clear from the start it was a tourney for 32 clans and a selection process would in place to select the final 32.

We simply do not have the time or capacity to change everything within the window we have allowed for the competition.

Maybe with more time we may have been able to accomodate more teams but for the present tournament that will not be possible.

Upvote 0