• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] S4 League

Anubis_FB

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Madera, CA
I thought I would post this and tho ppl might not be playing this, its really a fun free game. It has alot of good ideas that TW can look into because I myself am a fast pace player, and would love to see something less anime and more realistic, but you cant help but love the game play. You need to be skilled and fast or your dead. LUV IT...

the game is free to download, and you earn points by playing games. You can buy points with cash, but I wouldnt do that when you can earn them. I can't link right now. You can just google S4 League, and it will show. Download from Aplaya (or somethinling like that) they are a Korean based company I beleive that developed the game and that have 4 or 5 other free games that work the same way. Free to play and are point based. Points can be earned or purchased. I myself would rather earn them, because they not hard to earn. There is a catch tho. The items in the game have stats and some are real time such as the 30 day and some are play time such as the 7 day. These are purchase with points that can be purchased with cash or earned by playing the game (and yes you get points right off the bat if you do the tutorials). There is also the Fumbi wich can only be done when you reach Rookie lvl 5, that will allow you to try to get new costumes or weapons and such via lottery by spending points.

In my opinion tho, I would never recomend buying points or buying the 30 days I would go with the 7 days. Unless you going to play alot, but for a free game to play once and a while, then game is really cool

Edit: I use AVG as a anti virus program, and the ID protection picked it up as malware. Its just because it uses multiple differant types of payment methods other than paypal that may not be safe to give out your information. Dont use the pay portion of the game (other then paypal if your into that) and your ok.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wow so many ppl looking inside the box, you cannot look at outside the box at what I am talking about. Its the IDEAS of the game, but then again, there probly isnt many ppl who create games out there. I thought I would post it up, becuase it was a way for TW to make money and still offer free games, but I guess nobody looked into that did they???

Upvote 0
I do like some anime, but even I, just can't see anything I'd like TWI to take from there...

Both aesthetics and gameplay are directly opposite to what TWI is about. Even KF with its theme, is still more realistic than most shooters out there, so It doesn't look like TWI wants to stray from that.

I'd personally like a Korean style graphics like Tera (not Japanese style) with realistic mechanics. However, I doubt anyone would ever make something like that, and I wouldn't waste my time asking TWI for it either. But, what you are asking in this thread is far beyond that point, from both gameplay and aesthetics perspectives.

If you could at least tell us about what are exactly those IDEAS that you are talking about... because for what we can see about it, it just sounds like a joke.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you could at least tell us about what are exactly those IDEAS that you are talking about... because for what we can see about it, it just sounds like a joke.

I did, I posted it in my first or second post I think. An idea I feel that TW should look into would be making their next game point based, this way all those ppl who dont want to earn their crap and gotz no skillz can pay TW to get the gearz they want. Catch is that the gear is time based so it is only good for a short period of time. So you can buy a high powered weapon for like $1, and it will be 2 weeks before you have to do it again.

The other option I was talking about was earning points this will allow them to get the gear that they need without having to purchase the items with cash. In S4 they also have permanate items too that are rare you can win with their lottary system. This is also a good idea.

Every game has SOMETHING in it that can be used in some other type of game or changed to work in another type of game.

My point is you cant say that no game has anything good idea and is just horrible.

Edit: you would have to play the game to understand what I am talking about. If you gave the game a chance you might like it, but you would have to like soul caliber.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did, I posted it in my first or second post I think. An idea I feel that TW should look into would be making their next game point based, this way all those ppl who dont want to earn their crap and gotz no skillz can pay TW to get the gearz they want. Catch is that the gear is time based so it is only good for a short period of time. So you can buy a high powered weapon for like $1, and it will be 2 weeks before you have to do it again.

The other option I was talking about was earning points this will allow them to get the gear that they need without having to purchase the items with cash. In S4 they also have permanate items too that are rare you can win with their lottary system. This is also a good idea.

Don't take offense but I think purchasing gear with cash or farming for it, specially if its for a limited time, is an even worse idea than that of an anime arcade game.

Of course I want TWI to make money, but that is just a bad way of doing it and they know it. Proof of that is that DLC in Killing Floor does not affect gameplay.

Upvote 0
Ill meet in the middle here, if you want TW to make money, but the only thing they offer is KF which sells for $20 when its not on sale and the DLC packs for $2. Then you have RO and their stuff but I am a KF player so I dont know about that stuff.

How would you propose TW make money off their games?? Cause I was thinking that was the best idea.

Its not farming really unless you just sit in the game, just twiddle your thumbs and dont Heal/shoot/weld/kill anything. Looking at it from that perspective then yea its farming cause now you have to play the game to get the points to re purchase the gear

Upvote 0
How would you propose TW make money off their games?? Cause I was thinking that was the best idea.

No, the best idea is to make a new game, and that is exactly what they are doing, because that is... what game developers do, you know... to make games and stuff...

Sadly that trend is changing for most devs out there though, mercilessly, shamelessly and lazily milking their games with the sort of stuff you are proposing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, the best idea is to make a new game, and that is exactly what they are doing, because that is... what game developers do, you know... to make games and stuff...

Sadly that trend is changing for most devs out there though, mercilessly, shamelessly and lazily milking their games with the sort of stuff you are proposing.

I would agree if TW didn't have their games at low price, becuse now your asking someone to develope these games for $20 a person and thats not much room for profit unless you have a large clientel. Im thinking TWs clientel is probly in the range of 5k players (between RO and KF) now at $20 a peice with 5,000 players thats only $100,000.

So make more games, ok have you ever made a game before??? your asking someone to build a game that can take 2-5 years to make and get $100,000 out of it?? Thats what $20,000 a year??

Upvote 0

No effin way.

Upvote 0
I would agree if TW didn't have their games at low price, becuse now your asking someone to develope these games for $20 a person and thats not much room for profit unless you have a large clientel. Im thinking TWs clientel is probly in the range of 5k players (between RO and KF) now at $20 a peice with 5,000 players thats only $100,000.

So make more games, ok have you ever made a game before??? your asking someone to build a game that can take 2-5 years to make and get $100,000 out of it?? Thats what $20,000 a year??

Do you think that making numbers up is a good way of winning an argument?

Upvote 0
Do you think that making numbers up is a good way of winning an argument?

your right there is no way for me to know how many ppl play RO and KF. I just dont know, it was a guess like I said. Lets say its 10,000 ppl playing, I'll double it. Now you have the game makeing, you guessed it $200,000 over a 2-5 year production time, and using 5 as the timeline thats $40,000 a year. You can jump in any time if my math is wrong (btw I do make games as a hobbie so if your reaching for the timeline try again).

Last edited:
Upvote 0