• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS2 Mapping: Drag and Drop from the Content Browser

Srinidhalaya

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
It looks like drag and drop doesn't create an obstacle actor anymore, but looking at the collision settings on the mesh, it's settings for "block all" and "block rigid body" are still checked. Compared to hold "s" and left click to add, only has block weapons checked.
The kicker is, looking at the vanilla RS2 maps, almost all of their objects look as if placed from drag and drop. They all contain "block all" and "block rigid body" set, at least concerning vegetation, rocks, and other environment mesh.

Any input from those who are in the know?

I tried to recreate what you mentioned, but did not have the same issues that you did.

1. Drag and drop will indeed place a static mesh down but the collision is set to BlockAll for me
2. Selecting a mesh in camera mode and then holding the S key while left clicking on the map will also place a static mesh with BlockAll collision
3. Using the Static Mesh Placement Tool (Arch looking symbol in left panel) will also place a static mesh but the default setting in the static mesh tool is BlockWeapons. So if you want to use this method to place a mesh, just change the collision settings to BlockAll before you start placing meshes.

As far as "block rigid body" settings, I'd go with the default settings. In the tooltip for this setting it states that its not used in any physics calculations anyways.

Upvote 0