• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 dead in Australia already :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

heath4n

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Just went to play a game just after 11pm tonight and there were was only one server with 6 players on it 2 months after the game was released.

Just for your information, Australian servers are the only servers in the entire asian region which includes, China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand.

Luckily, Tripwire put in client side compensation so you can tolerate the game at 250 ping, oh wait they didn't.

Man, what a disappointment.

Those of us with a brain know why it has been such a failure, realism was chosen over fun. The funny but sad thing is that many here think the game is not realistic enough :(

The problem is they took away the realism that RO players enjoyed, but didn't have the budget to make a COD or BF. Now that BF has been released... this game doesn't have much hope.

The devs need to make it more realistic, cut down bugs, polish.

Totally agree. Sadly enough, Tripwire screwed this one up big time...

Can you say "EPIC FAIL"

Upvote 0
I still don't get why you guys can't grasp that its the realism that has killed the servers.

The more realistic, the less fun a game tends to be. RO1 was not realistic, RO2 is far more realistic than RO1 and you want it to be more realistic? The fact that you basically will instantly die now when in front of someone with even the slightest of skill means that the game doesn't have half of the epic moments of combat RO1 had.

Upvote 0
I still don't get why you guys can't grasp that its the realism that has killed the servers.

The more realistic, the less fun a game tends to be. RO1 was not realistic, RO2 is far more realistic than RO1 and you want it to be more realistic? The fact that you basically will instantly die now when in front of someone with even the slightest of skill means that the game doesn't have half of the epic moments of combat RO1 had.

^this

if you want realism, join the army. I played PR, at first it was pretty realistic but still had some hints of arcadism. Then they went more and more and more realistic and the game issent fun to play at all.

However pure arcadism is boring and repetive. This is where COD comes in...its boring.

Upvote 0
Just went to play a game just after 11pm tonight and there were was only one server with 6 players on it 2 months after the game was released.

Just for your information, Australian servers are the only servers in the entire asian region which includes, China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand.

Luckily, Tripwire put in client side compensation so you can tolerate the game at 250 ping, oh wait they didn't.

Man, what a disappointment.

Those of us with a brain know why it has been such a failure, realism was chosen over fun. The funny but sad thing is that many here think the game is not realistic enough :(

I don't get how you switch from implying that the awful ping on servers in those regions might be the cause of the servers being unoccupied, to the realism of the game being responsible.

Anyway, the game's not even realistic enough to justify calling it out on that. Germans with assault rifles and a surplus of SMGs and tanks on par with the Russians is absolutely laughable. Then there's the Rambo machine gunners.

Upvote 0
TripWire didn't even do the "special hug" to concieve RO2 over here in Portugal.
Finding a Portuguese person that plays a RO game is harder than finding a lost kneedle in the middle of the Atlantic ocean.

I am your needle :eek:

But it's true, we don't even have hard copies of the game over here. Portuguese servers... Never even seen one. :p

Upvote 0
^this

if you want realism, join the army. I played PR, at first it was pretty realistic but still had some hints of arcadism. Then they went more and more and more realistic and the game issent fun to play at all.

However pure arcadism is boring and repetive. This is where COD comes in...its boring.

I love this Join The Army comments.

We're talking about games. Not the army. Please realize that. If I want Postal 3 to be more sick, absurd, and violent, that doesn't mean that I will have to pee in people face and cut their head of if I want violence.

Upvote 0
Stah, I think you missed the point. A few weeks ago, there were 2 servers busy at night, tonight I noticed that there were a grand total of 6 players on all Australian Servers. Australian servers for Ro/DH catered for the entire of asia, that means we in Australia were serving close to 3 billion people and tonight, I couldn't even get a game on a Australian Server because the game has been such a failure.

Left, Thanks for showing me that, I'm really surprised to see a japanese server because there was never one with people in it for RO or DH for the last few years in Asia has basically kept the RO/DH scene going here in Australia for the last 4 years.

I still ping 250 to it though any anyone with an iota of understanding of the netcode system chosen will understand how unplayable this is at that ping :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@OP

Just went online and at least the Japanese server was almost completely full. The Korean and Chinese server were both completely empty.

And the problem, especially on the Asian servers, is: Mkb, Mkb, Mkb and hipshooting MG34s.

I played for 15 minutes. I call it a day for RO 2. Sorry, this week. There are more exciting things going on than RO 2. I am thinking of joining a dancing course...:cool:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.