• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server RO2 DDE Beta Server Hosting General Info

Sorry for the housecleaning/thread deleting in this thread. But lots of actual server admins will be looking at this thread in the coming days/weeks for information. I really don't want them to have to wade through 15 pages of "woot it's coming" posts. If you aren't a server admin, you don't need to post in this thread :)

Upvote 0
Any partners in South America, Ramm?

I think this one offers servers in Brazil, and it's listed in Ramm's post. It seems like my only option is an Atlanta server, tho. Best ping for me according to http://www.nfoservers.com/networklocations.php

the beta will be available to anyone(aka open beta)or it will be available only the the people who payed 10 euro extra just to unlock weapons from lvl 1 and for the close beta?
please tell me it's an open beta....

Keep on topic, please

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake74
Upvote 0
Just wanted to mention that it might be useful for serveradmins to craete a valid map rotation under webadmin -> map cycles.
The server crashes (at least throws some errors and seemed to crash) on some maps other than the stated ones for the beta.
So maybe a good idea to create a valid map cycle with the allowed maps.
correct me if i am wrong with anything.

Upvote 0
I guess we will be able to download beta client and server files from steam, right?

Correct, everything's going out over Steam and HLDS.

Just wanted to mention that it might be useful for serveradmins to craete a valid map rotation under webadmin -> map cycles.
The server crashes (at least throws some errors and seemed to crash) on some maps other than the stated ones for the beta.
So maybe a good idea to create a valid map cycle with the allowed maps.
correct me if i am wrong with anything.

Hrmm, we'll look into that real quick, but we can't make any promises at this point.

Upvote 0
Hrmm, we'll look into that real quick, but we can't make any promises at this point.

No big deal if server admins take care i think.
Just tried again a change map to "PavlovsHouse" and got a server crash after some failure in the server logs.
But the 3 "beta" maps work fine

edit: error is "Can't find file FF-PavlovsHouse" (i assume it's not in because of the beta) => then server crash

Last edited:
Upvote 0