• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] RO2 crashes in the main menu!

sanf

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
Germany
Hi,
I just bought RO2, installed it and then downloaded a patch via Steam, which was around 600mb.

When I start the game it starts normally until I get to the main menu.
Then the In-Game-Mouse doesn't react.
But if I open the Task-Manager the normal Windows-Mouse appears.
I can see this mouse on the area where the Task-Manager should be, but I don't see the Task-Manager.
Neither Alt + F4 nor Ctrl + Alt + Del nor Esc nor Alt + Tab work.
I have to restart the whole computer manually.
This problem also appears when I am logged in as an administrator.

I have Windows XP, 2gb DDR2-800 RAM, a NVidia Geforce 9600 GT and a Core 2 Dou CPU with 2.66 Ghz.

I hope you can help :)

lg

sanf

HI,

After installing the game

2 Install DX9.0c that is on file
(Program Files) Steam \ SteamApps \ Common \ redOrchestra2 \ binaries \ windows)

3 PunkBuster (blue + icon red no-entry)
(Program Files) Steam \ SteamApps \ Common \ redOrchestra2 \ binaries \ windows)

4 Interface "Steam \ Libraries" right click "properties" of the game - Local Files - Verify game cache

5 Defragment game cache files
Then you can start the game (This procedure reduces the risk of crash)

EvenBalance download and install it (follow the procedure)
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Nvidia to recognize RO2 in the Control Panel
Nvidia control panel Param

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"[IniVersion]
0=1328883115.000000
1=1328884156.000000
Patch=20"
It's like this.but this is not the last line.
Below it the following exists:
"[AppCompat]
MeasuredCPUScore=168.210419
CompatLevelComposite=1
CompatLevelCPU=4
CompatLevelGPU=1

[WinDrv.Accessibility]
StickyKeysHotkey=True
ToggleKeysHotkey=True
FilterKeysHotkey=True
StickyKeysConfirmation=True
ToggleKeysConfirmation=True
FilterKeysConfirmation=True
"

@r5cya
That is when I install it from Steam. But my internet is so slow that downloading 8gb from Steam would need 8*13h (= 104h!) which I can't do because there are also other people in this house who want to go in the internet everyday.

Upvote 0
the rogame folder on your computer should be 8.27 gigabytes. if not, you need to reinstall it.
You mean the
"Steam\SteamApps\common\red orchestra 2"
file?
This has just 8.08gb although Steam showed about 8.27 gb as whole while downloading the last 600mb.
It seems like the first 7.6gb were on the DVD and the rest had to be downloaded from Steam.

Upvote 0
hope this helps

hope this helps

Hi,
I just bought RO2, installed it and then downloaded a patch via Steam, which was around 600mb.

When I start the game it starts normally until I get to the main menu.
Then the In-Game-Mouse doesn't react.
But if I open the Task-Manager the normal Windows-Mouse appears.
I can see this mouse on the area where the Task-Manager should be, but I don't see the Task-Manager.
Neither Alt + F4 nor Ctrl + Alt + Del nor Esc nor Alt + Tab work.
I have to restart the whole computer manually.
This problem also appears when I am logged in as an administrator.

I have Windows XP, 2gb DDR2-800 RAM, a NVidia Geforce 9600 GT and a Core 2 Dou CPU with 2.66 Ghz.

I hope you can help :)

lg

sanf

Had a very similar problem, i would recommend a full reinstall of the game (as yours is like 600mb), but i had a similar problem with the game crashing and had to hard reboot to get out, witch i ended up figuring out, here it is.

OK, after messing around with ro2 i fixed the problem. here is what it was.

Nod32 (version 5) smart security was reading the launch.exe as a program modifier witch i have to tell it to allow or deny. BUT because my game was full screen whenever it poped up it caused the game to crash, and because my monitor was stuck on black screen, i could never change it to allow ro2 to modify the launch.exe. While in windowed mode thou when it crashed, i noticed a bubble warning from my antivirus *witch normally goes over windows and games*, so i opened it up and it was asking permission to allow the launcher.exe to change something, after i said yes and "allow all future changes automatically" my game unfroze and now works flawlessly.

Of coarse besides running the game at 20fps average with a $400 video card -.-

In short. ro2 team you NEED TO MAKE RO2 NOD32 ANTIVIRUS COMPLIANT BECAUSE THIS DOSE NOT DO IT ON ANY OTHER GAME I OWN!

to do this just:
Go to your game launch options, and type in '-windowed'. This will launch the game in windowed mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Had a very similar problem, i would recommend a full reinstall of the game (as yours is like 600mb), but i had a similar problem with the game crashing and had to hard reboot to get out, witch i ended up figuring out, here it is.

to do this just:
Go to your game launch options, and type in '-windowed'. This will launch the game in windowed mode.
After possibility I would like to try your second lead at first.
But where do I find the launch options or the "launch.exe"?

Upvote 0
After possibility I would like to try your second lead at first.
But where do I find the launch options or the "launch.exe"?

heres what it is for me.
EDIT:

1. Go to your steam games library, right click on Red Orchestra 2, and select properties.

2. Click the 'Set Launch Options' button, and then type in '-windowed' without the quotes.

3. Click Ok, and lauch the game.

hope it helps :)

Last edited:
Reactions: r5cya and TravisT
Upvote 0
heres what it is for me.
EDIT:

1. Go to your steam games library, right click on Red Orchestra 2, and select properties.

2. Click the 'Set Launch Options' button, and then type in '-windowed' without the quotes.

3. Click Ok, and lauch the game.

hope it helps :)

Works!
Thanks, bro you are my hero :D
Zonealarm asked me about the "rogame.exe", which tries to get acces to the internet and also to the safe zone.
Now I could answer this.

Reactions: r5cya
Upvote 0
spartan warrior, is proof that the "like" system is bugged.
good job, dude! you just made another happy ro2 member! :D

thanks guys. Glad to see i can help. Hopefully eventually the programers will read what i found and fix it, and not ignore it like my old post back in October of 2011 (when i found this).

Hey, if there is a "Like" button just say me where it is.
I looked for one but did not find one... :)

yes i have never been able to find it either :p nor the "like/dislike this post" option. idk. :p

if you what to game some time my steam name is "orvis25" send me a request. i play ro2, COH, and CS 1.6 mainly now but i own and still play a lot o other games.

EDIT:

Here is my original post, if you whan to read it, the programmer that whanted to help me never commented on my fix. and "The Beast" who comments on EVERY POST i make was one of those people who blames ME for it happening, when obvisly it isnt, becase its happeneing to others like you.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=70869

Again, i found it, got blamed for it, was told i was nu-respectfull (witch i find false) and was Disliked like 5 times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0