• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt Beta 2

Is there any way to make the Pantherturm more invulnerable to panzerfausts? Because every game I've experienced recently has had a teammate constantly shooting 'fausts at it. Just a minute ago I was in it when it was destroyed by a friendly, I didn't realise until now it was possible to damage or even destroy it with panzerfausts...

Also, I TKed three people whilst in the Pantherturm when one person ran in the way of my shot (purposely) while two other idiots were standing around gaping at it for no reason, but there's nothing you can do to help that, I just wanted to complain.

Upvote 0
I believe that the Panzerfaust has an Impact Damage, and this is what allows the projectile to kill infantry (I think). Lowering that could lead to fausts being unable to kill infantry. However, something I could try (which is more of a workaround than anything...) would be to proportionally increase the health of the Pantherturm and the AP damage of the Russian tanks. Probably not something I should do though.

On another note, I have been working on the map as of late...and I'm going to really love looking around the new and improved Packhof :)

Upvote 0
Is there any way to make the Pantherturm more invulnerable to panzerfausts? Because every game I've experienced recently has had a teammate constantly shooting 'fausts at it. Just a minute ago I was in it when it was destroyed by a friendly, I didn't realise until now it was possible to damage or even destroy it with panzerfausts...

There are never any server admins on the Ro servers that run this wonderful map. Perhaps somekind of spawn protection or blocking zone would help?? or relocation of panzerfaust spawns behind the Pantherturm?- That would cripple their ablity to keep shooting continuous fausts at you.

Its amazing how little effort it takes for 1 or 2 guys to ruin a great map for everyone.

Upvote 0
Well, from my previous coding endeavors with the Panzerfaust the goal was to have spawn/objective enabled/disabled Panzerfaust pickups so as to keep them out of Russian hands and reduce server load. Still haven't gotten it right though...

In other news, I have made what I feel is a good deal of progress this evening. The Packhof should hopefully be the site of an interesting battle for its ruins, and I am thinking about setting up a temporary spawn for the Germans to last about 30 seconds after the Alt-Moabit Stra

Upvote 0
Love the map, but being on the receiving end as a German on the bridge when the Allies did some back tracking and brought in a T-34, facing that amount of HE was just painful and un joyful for us Germans. Not just the HE but the added 2 protected mg's it posses. Also the AT guns for the Germans on their side of the bridge feel useless, vulnerable to tanks and any competent tanker can just have his tank angled and take the AT out at will. Still I may get lucky vs complete idiotic tankers, but were are they when you need them :).

Keep up the great work, always a hit when it is played!

Upvote 0
Luther said:
Still I may get lucky vs complete idiotic tankers, but

Yeah the Russian tankers generally tend to be good. I fired at inf with HE and a tank possibly the IS-2 fired through the distance fog and killed me (I could not see him). I guess he guessed my postion from where my HE round hit.

Evil Hobo said:
So, thoughts on this, and the German AT situation?

Well not so much for RO-Kriegstadt but in general for anyone making maps with AT-guns please keep the area infront of the AT-gun clear of junk maybe "bury them" in the ground a bit to make them harder to hit add some sand bags in front of at gun but lower them into the ground a bit so it does not mess with your field of view when looking through the optic. I hate it when an AT-gun is placed in an area but you can not quite use it because there is all kinds of crap blocking your field of view that would not be smart in a war situation what good is an AT gun if you can not see due objects blocking your sight? Remember AT-guns were deployed in smart postions and hidden with netting, wreckage, dug in hidden in bulidings, ect. I think it was Michael Wittmann who said he did not fear faceing enemy tanks but he dreaded emplaced AT-guns.

Any plans of adding a few Pak 40's ? The Is-2/Isu-152 would make short of of them but the rest of the tanks would be easy for the PAk 40 to destroy its also a lot smaller so it could be hidden easier.

Luther said:
any competent tanker can just have his tank angled and take the AT out at will.

That is a problem no Russian or Allied tank in service could take a direct hit from an 88mm Kwk L/71 ( this is the second Tiger II/Elefant 88mm not the first L/56 kind) It could penetrate the thickest armor at long range angle or no angle.

Evil Hobo said:
Well, from my previous coding endeavors with the Panzerfaust the goal was to have spawn/objective enabled/disabled Panzerfaust pickups so as to keep them out of Russian hands and reduce server load. Still haven't gotten it right though...
Nice, m8 very nice I applaud your effort!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
EH said:
So, thoughts on this, and the German AT situation?

I can't be totally sure until I play it with competent people.. but if the existing Fausts at the Bridge can kill the 152, I don't see why it would be too much. If there's going to be three tanks at the Bridge, I'd rather see them be the long reloading type in place of that SU.

Upvote 0
In the right hands though, the SU76 is a little too effective in its role at the Bridge; an alert SU commander and really ruin the Germans there. I think that by giving the Allies some slower hitting tanks that the Germans will have a little more room to breathe, so to speak. The improved MGs on the T34s should mean that those can serve as a proper countermeasure if need be.

Upvote 0
In the right hands though, the SU76 is a little too effective in its role at the Bridge; an alert SU commander and really ruin the Germans there. I think that by giving the Allies some slower hitting tanks that the Germans will have a little more room to breathe, so to speak. The improved MGs on the T34s should mean that those can serve as a proper countermeasure if need be.
Don't you think Russians need all the advantage possible when they get to the Bridge?

Upvote 0
Personally I feel as though the Allies have enough advantages already in the current Beta 3 build. Closer spawn, three tanks, 6 MGs (x2 DP28, x2 per T34), not to mention that German reinforcements have been reduced by 5% (500 -> 475). Considering also that the ISU152 fires bloody artillery, I think its fair. I am also going to be reducing the ISU152 reload, albeit marginally (just like I did for all Russian tanks). Like all else, I am just going to have to ask that you trust me on these matters. That, and I want to see the Allies work together to make their advantages felt, rather than give them a predetermined win. There are advantages, and then there is overkill. I want to avoid overkill.

Now on another note Trendkill, I know you have been asking me to do some damage to the Packhof since Beta 1. So, I took those suggestions to heart and did what I intended to do with the building -- I think it should offer a wholly new experience. Additional research showed furthermore that the building had an additional wing, to the left of where the screenshot is. You'll see it all when you get to play :)
Shot00639.jpg

Upvote 0
Interesting with the addition of the 152. Hopefully it turns out alright. I know I've seen it totally wreck the Germans on PaiserPlatz. Shutzesepp nailed 12 Germans in one shot, ha. One important thing that I've noticed about the SU-152: It's suppression value.

I'm not sure if player who have motion blur turned off will notice this, but the supression blur for the 152 sticks around for a long while, at least on PaiserPlatz. As in 10 seconds or more. It makes engaging at long ranges as infantry far more difficult. This may hamper the Germans more. However, the removal of the SU-76 should help, as you said that thing can tear up the bridge.

Also, I'm starting to run into Russian tankers who are memory shooting through the fog at the central AT gun at the Moltke. If there's some way to prevent that, ie. shifting it slightly or putting up some sandbags, that would be great.

Upvote 0
Having examined the code, I think I will administer a minor nerfing to the ISU152. For instance, the current damage radius is 2500 for HE. The IS2 has a radius of 1200 for its HE. So, I'm simply averaging them together to yield a radius of 1850, which is still pretty damn huge. Furthermore, the damage has been toned down from 2000 to 1800. Given that, additionally, the blur is dictated by a combination of radius and damage, it should alleviate the 10s+ blur time, to an extent. Rate of fire for the ISU152 has been increased from (1 shot / 30s) to (1 shot / 28s).

I hope these adjustments are acceptable?

In addition to my current to-do list:
-Spawn controlled Panzerfaust pickups (I almost got it last night:()
-Integration of latest PaK40 and PaK43 elements with Kriegstadt-specific adjustments & AT Gun re-arrangement.
-Clean up those mean BSP holes
-Add Kroll Oper / beginning of K

Upvote 0