• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Free trial period madness

Okay, I have been playing ro since combined arms 3.2 mod for UT. So when I heared about the free week trial (I already own ROOST,) I figured more people on more servers instead of the 3 servers with people on the west coast. So I have been playing late at night from 9pm Pacific to like 2 am. About 3 of the 5 servers I was playing on with some friends, it was total madness.

Mass tking, stupid little 9 year old kids yelling at each other in the respawn taking tanks and tking teamates, even with arty.Even asking how to buy! And the basic general stupitity that comes with CS add children. I have never seen: "How do i get crosshairs" more in my life. I fear that this sudden influx in CS players may damage the awsome communitity that is RO. Usually I very rarely encounter idiots in normal pre free week. Usually skilled mature players that will cooperate with one another, and work to achieve the objectives. Accidental tk? No problem, thay usually say sorry.

Will RO lose this with all these new people from CS, DOD?

My bit of noob madness was a puppy like noob that followed me everywhere and everytime i jumped in a tank so did he, he was probably a bit scared and needed company.
Another shocking moment was on VOIP where i replied to an american (sounded about 10). Im english and have the accent to which he said "dude where are you from...africa?"

Upvote 0
Well the "trial-week" made me buy ROOST, i dont know if it was "good" for me to play Stuff like Forgotten Hope before i tried ROOST but for its "normal" to say"sry" after i TK'ed someone ...or say "np" if i was TK'ed its just "basic" politeness imho.
I mean my "Skill" isnt great (hence i play since Wednesday) but i allready try to get where my Team has Problems...and try to support as good as possible.
I've to agree thou some "people" just seem to be like " whoa...1 week free game i wouldnt play normally lets screw people as much as possible" :|

Upvote 0
Royal Ass Hat's

Royal Ass Hat's

I was playing orel the other day and some guy starting flaming ROOST saying stuff like It's been fun playing with you guys But I think I am gonna stick with COd2 and DOD.. Cya!- just previous to saying this he dropped two satchels in spawn and then right before he left he called arty in on the way out of spawn- so I got blew twice by this ass hat because he decide he didnt like the game and frankly I'm glad he decided to stick with games where that behavior is common, cause I wont be playing them.

Upvote 0
Zips said:
It's not bad... if you have admins active and on the server playing.
We have banned about 10 players today, and more kicked. But we have "newbies welcome" in the server name though so we admin it alot.;)

edit* I wanted to add that these were intensional tk:ers, chat spammers or complete numbnuts (had a couple saying racist stuff and a ***** member) not newbies in other words ;)

Upvote 0
One of many stupid threads talking about the same thing.

Grouping people in categories based on the games they play. Since when does the games on your hard drive measure your maturity level? Since when can't people play more than just RO? Will people ever give up their leet attitudes in RO? Will the RO community ever be greatful? Why arent these pills making my E-Penis bigger? Why do I even bother posting?

Upvote 0
Funniest moment so far with the free trial is when someone was venting his frustrations about the game in a server saying it ****ed and it was impossible to hit ****.

I asked him if he knew about the iron sights and I told him the default was middle mouse.

10 seconds later I get the reply "...oh"

Gave me a good laugh.:)

EDIT: whoa, when did these boards start censoring curse words?

Upvote 0
aesdana said:
a ***** member

I have banned a few ***** members this week also for rampant spawn tk'ing,i'm also encountering the phenomenon of two players working in unision with subtle differences to the stock ROPlayer player name,ROEPlayer,etc -these ******s have just been coming on and tk'ing with a vengeance.

I only mention this due to the doom + gloom surrounding the free trial - it seems so far that the most griefers i've had to sadly deal with are long term players.

Upvote 0
Its been pretty positive overall on the Wolf custom map server.

Its been pretty positive overall on the Wolf custom map server.

Been a pretty good experiance on our server. Saw alot of people that said they were going to buy it now. A few complainers but not too many.
I really dont mind the quistions about the game, at least there interested in it.

Upvote 0
I play DOD in a G rated friendly server, we dont condone idiot behavior. I used to play CS, but i stopped due to the attitude of 70 % of the players. Games dont constitute peoples behaviors; the people that play the game constitute the games behavior. Me and a friend connected and the first thing he said: "were being invaded by CS players" and to a certain extent its true. We were in ventrilo observing this for many hours. Fact is: not all but most dod/cs players have "e-thug" attitudes they run around tking. This may not be going on all servers but many. Last night i couldnt leave spawn with out getting shot.

I am grateful for this game, dont get me wrong. I am just pointing out some things I have noticed so far. I play many different games other than RO. That includes, Starcraft, DOD, and Natural Selection, but I play on certain servers-- rare servers, that dont condone the average communities attitude.

Upvote 0