• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics RO 2 and BIA series

Publisher = the ones who finance the copies produced and sold
they also do marketing

not necessarily, if you remember that frogster kinda did no marketing for RO:O in germany. hell, they didn't know **** about it when I presented it to the german games mags for them. when I did it, the guy who should care about the community has seen it for the first time :eek:

Upvote 0
BiA had a nice idea in mind when they tried implementing more fire&manuever tactics, but it was never implemented fully. It was always either too linear (forcing you into preset flanking routes), the enemy was too stupid to react to being flanked, or precision shooting would be the easiest route (ala Hell's Highway)

I want a game that forces me to adapt and improvise on every level, and as much as I like the BiA games (for the story), I don't want to feel forced in the way I fight battles

Upvote 0
If you played Hell's Highway, they greatly improved the accuracy of the guns so there was much less issue with the cone of fire, but they made it such that it was too easy to pick off the enemy if you were behind cover since the enemy picked a cover spot, stayed there, and always popped his head out the same way.

Well that, and that whole red blurring effect was just retarded, in the 3rd person cover system, you would actually see bullets go right thru your avatar without hurting him because 'oh you aren't being shot at enough to be hit' :confused:

Upvote 0