• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Rising Storm future content

[40-1]MORD

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 21, 2011
London
www.40-1.net
So we know what we can expect for HoS, we are pretty well informed about it but what about Rising Storm? I couldn`t find and answer so decided to ask Anti-Matter Games guys directly.
Can you tell us what RS content we can expect? Any new maps (not map contest ones), weapons (tanks :D) ? Share a bit of secret (screens!!!). We won`t tell anyone ;)

I think there should be at least some new maps, as there were a few mapnames floating around during the alpha and beta tests that didn't make it into the final game. I'd personally like to see a Philippines and an Okinawa map from Tripwire, to round out the campaign map with accurate places. Be nice to get some official confirmation if anything's in the works.

Upvote 0
So we know what we can expect for HoS, we are pretty well informed about it but what about Rising Storm? I couldn`t find and answer so decided to ask Anti-Matter Games guys directly.
Can you tell us what RS content we can expect? Any new maps (not map contest ones), weapons (tanks :D) ? Share a bit of secret (screens!!!). We won`t tell anyone ;)

Anti-Matter games is working as a contracted company for tripwire, and similarly we do not just work on Rising Storm content, we generally do the work that Tripwire wants us to do, including RO2 content.

So regarding what we've been up to lately, the answer to that would be the T70, PZIII, MG42 and whatever else TWI wanted us to do. So in regards to find out what we are doing, the best way to find out is to watch TWI's newspost regarding RO2/RS, as by NDA we are not allowed to share anything we do, so all news will be provided by Tripwire ;).

So if the next update will focus heavier on RS or RO2, depends on what Tripwire wants, and what Tripwire wants depends heavily on what the community wants. And what the community wants is measured in how many bribes Yoshiro receives :p

So In short, try to bribe Yoshiro.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anti-Matter games is working as a contracted company for tripwire, and similarly we do not just work on Rising Storm content, we generally do the work that Tripwire wants us to do, including RO2 content.

So regarding what we've been up to lately, the answer to that would be the T70, PZIII, MG42 and whatever else TWI wanted us to do. So in regards to find out what we are doing, the best way to find out is to watch TWI's newspost regarding RO2/RS, as by NDA we are not allowed to share anything we do, so all news will be provided by Tripwire ;).

So if the next update will focus heavier on RS or RO2, depends on what Tripwire wants, and what Tripwire wants depends heavily on what the community wants. And what the community wants is measured in how many bribes Yoshiro receives :p

So In short, try to bribe Yoshiro.

Hahahahahaha, well said :D

But, personally, I'd really love to see something else: new front :D As a stand-alone game, ofc (and would willingly buy it for full price :D). As for smaller content, like the Armored Assault DLC, I'd love to see tanks in Rising Storm, as well as some new maps (Makin Atoll raid would be great, as well as Okinawa and Shuri Castle there). Maybe put in the M3A1 Grease Gun, since it was used in the Pacific Theatre by the Marines (and not that much in Europe).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hahahahahaha, well said :D

But, personally, I'd really love to see something else: new front :D As a stand-alone game, ofc (and would willingly buy it for full price :D). As for smaller content, like the Armored Assault DLC, I'd love to see tanks in Rising Storm, as well as some new maps (Makin Atoll raid would be great, as well as Okinawa and Shuri Castle there). Maybe put in the M3A1 Grease Gun, since it was used in the Pacific Theatre by the Marines (and not that much in Europe).
But how often did japanese and american tank actually engange in WW2? It was not a common thing. Not to mention japanese tanks were really really outdated.
Still it could be fun to fight infantry with tanks I guess. The japanese tanks would surely not be OP. :D

Upvote 0
But how often did japanese and american tank actually engange in WW2? It was not a common thing. Not to mention japanese tanks were really really outdated.
Still it could be fun to fight infantry with tanks I guess. The japanese tanks would surely not be OP. :D

Well, in HBO's The Pacific, a Sherman tank destroyed a Japanese tank near the Peleliu Headquarters on the Airfield, but I don't know if it is historically accurate. Since the series is based on the books and memories written by Leckie and Sledge (who were on Peleliu at the same time), I think that tanks could be introduced there.

Also, I do think that tanks were used in the Phillipines and Marianas, maybe even on Okinawa, but a detailed research is needed. And if tanks are introduced in Rising Storm, the Chi-ha would be definitely outgunned by the M4 Sherman, so Japs should have more spawning on the map.

But most of all, I'd really love to see the M3 Grease Gun as a part of the Rising Storm. It's a really nice SMG and I loved it in prior games and I'd really love to see it here :D. As for potential unlocks for the gun, maybe make it change from M3 to M3A1 and have the flash hider as an unlock.

Upvote 0
Well, in HBO's The Pacific, a Sherman tank destroyed a Japanese tank near the Peleliu Headquarters on the Airfield, but I don't know if it is historically accurate. Since the series is based on the books and memories written by Leckie and Sledge (who were on Peleliu at the same time), I think that tanks could be introduced there.

Also, I do think that tanks were used in the Phillipines and Marianas, maybe even on Okinawa, but a detailed research is needed. And if tanks are introduced in Rising Storm, the Chi-ha would be definitely outgunned by the M4 Sherman, so Japs should have more spawning on the map.

But most of all, I'd really love to see the M3 Grease Gun as a part of the Rising Storm. It's a really nice SMG and I loved it in prior games and I'd really love to see it here :D. As for potential unlocks for the gun, maybe make it change from M3 to M3A1 and have the flash hider as an unlock.
Yeah there was a tank battle at Peleliu airfield with around 13 Japanese tanks and around 5 Shermans. When they were making the game I believe they trialed tanks on Peleliu but it didn't work unfortunately :( I'd love nothing more than tanks in Rising Storm.

Upvote 0
The only way I will accept the M3 greasegun is if they add the OSS integrally suppressed version and a lvl50 unlock.

It was a cheap gun with a slow RoF nothing too special. It's said to be 'more accurate' than the Thompson but I think this is a misconception. It's only more accurate in sustained fire, simply because the extremely low fire rate, meant easy control. But the gun was open bolt (tendency to throw off shots because of the bolt slamming forward before firing.) which was made worse by the extra heavy bolt used to reduce the rate of fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, in HBO's The Pacific, a Sherman tank destroyed a Japanese tank near the Peleliu Headquarters on the Airfield, but I don't know if it is historically accurate.

The Pacific has tons of historical inaccuracies. The most obvious is the M1903A3s the Marines are using on Guadalcanal - a gun that hadn't even started production when the battle started. Even the M1903A1 used in the game is a bit of a stretch as they were uncommon as they had a full supply of straight stocks (the difference between a M1903 and a M1903A1 is the stock) and weren't going to through the away.

Upvote 0