• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Announced

I don't understand the advertising "tactics" of RS2.
You showed a trailer and after that you don't even answer questions or anything.
(Just now that kapulA said "it's dead".)

If you would've waited with showing the trailer until you got the game so far you can show some scenes and stuff; you could have created a quite big hype around it.
Show the trailer at a Game Show, show some 3D models there, post an animation in the forums, drop some scenes on another game show...

But no.
Just a trailer after which about 3/4 my friendlist was hyped and since then nothing.
Hype gone.

Upvote 0
It's a teaser, it is meant to tease...

Before the trailer, no one even knew that RS2 was being developed or what it would be. Now we know. Now we wait for more. If they released a trailer 2 weeks before the game was done, it would be a waste. Go post in the ideas and suggestions what you want to see in the game and stop begging for updates.

Upvote 0
It's a teaser, it is meant to tease...

Before the trailer, no one even knew that RS2 was being developed or what it would be. Now we know. Now we wait for more. If they released a trailer 2 weeks before the game was done, it would be a waste. Go post in the ideas and suggestions what you want to see in the game and stop begging for updates.
This.

Upvote 0
What do you mean? The Fallout 4 Trailer or the RS2 Trailer?
And what do you mean by Teaser? When a headline says "Teaser" it's always just a few seconds long, which neither were.
I meant the Fallout 4 trailer. The RS2 one was more of just an announcement kinda thing
hmmm
<:I I don't think I know anything NDA worthy but just in case I don't want to go further with this.

Upvote 0
Well a teaser should obviously tease people but if there is no information it all in the following months it was a bit of a waste. All you do is raise some attention and let it completly decline. Stuff like that needs to keep some momentum in my opinion. That doesnt mean we should be flooded with media and information but I feel it is a bit pointless to release a teaser and go completly silent afterwards.

Upvote 0
Tease, yes, but bull**** customers? No.

Being shown the restaurant's flagship, the Quadro-Cheese-Baccon-Penta-Beef-Ultra-Tasty-Delicious with Massive French Fries, Onion Rings and Shrimp Salad Sandwich is one thing.

Ordering said flagship yet being served a crusty, old bun with fungi filled with a rotten tomato and egg and charged with the price of the flagship is something else. :rolleyes:

Back in 2009/10 I was madly in love with RO2 and couldn't wait for it to finally arrive. Then it was released and I fell from Cloud Nine straight down to Hell. Damn what a flight. :eek:

Many here might wear rose-coloured glasses and blindly follow anything and anyone, I can not.

IF RS2 is what we saw in the teaser with all its eye-candy (animations, sounds, aircraft etc.), then it is constructive teasing and deserves to be bought.

IF RS2 is the same buggy hell hole as RO2 was and sometimes still is, I will pass this cup of poison straight on to those who always cheer and blindly follow. Cheers! :)

Upvote 0
Well, personally I'm not mad or anything but after all this time without the slightest news I am starting to worry that the project actually died/has been cancelled.

Don't worry it isn't a mod where contributors get bored and lose interest, it wouldn't just die. When games first get announced there generally isn't a lot to show straight away.

Yoshiro made it clear:
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1440644&postcount=19[/URL]

Long story short, we are doing a whole lot of prototype work and content creation but nothing is in a stage where we feel it is showable or we are ready to start talking about it (as many things are still in flux due to prototyping).

Upvote 0