• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

ride able tanks [Merged]

ride able tanks [Merged]

• yes lets hop on an IS2

Votes: 36 75.0%
  • no i dont like it

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • maybe depends it works

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • ill think about it

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coolmu9

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2010
on the streats
what if the commander can only shoot off the tank with a PPSH-41
to provide cover firing for the infantry getting off the tank

RedGuardist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2006
what if the commander can only shoot off the tank with a PPSH-41
to provide cover firing for the infantry getting off the tank

Well, I should think that it would be much more effective to lay covering fire from the tank

Last edited:

Marine Rifleman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 24, 2010
One HE round and they all go flying. Im all for the idea.

Michael Wittmann kept his MP40 close by when passing by destroyed Russian SP guns, it saved his life on a couple occasions.

Last edited:

Marine Rifleman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 24, 2010

The infantry riding better be able to fire back, since they will attract ALOT of attention by rolling into narrow streets. People always try to pick off the tank commander thats popped out, you'll only see more riflemen paying attention to exactly who is riding on top of the tank for easy shot.

I Faw Down

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 12, 2011
Annapolis, Maryland
I wish I still had the picture saved on my PC (Hard Disk Formatted), but it was of German infantry riding into (if I remember right) Kursk on the top of a PzIV. There were two MG34 gunners on the top in between the turret and the turret skirt.

It looked really cool, I just wish I could show you guys it.

Anyways, I'd like the idea of having some sort of tank desant tactic ingame so long as the game has large enough maps...

kllr101

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 20, 2011
Suffolk, United Kingdom
What if the turret turns and fires. Would they all get blown off the tank?

Wouldn't the shell cause some Freindly Fire. Like a tank shell to the back of the head might leave a mark.

Seems to be too much work for too many bugs and holes in it, But the idea is good. So long as its limited, only a few guys sat at the back. With either no ability to fire or limited firing arc. To stop it being overpowered. Like a load of guys with guns stood on tanks shooting. Drive-By shootings with IS-2's wern't common in ww2. :IS2:

;)

DiedTrying

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 17, 2011
USA Prime Credit
I used to snipe while on the bank of tanks, anti snipers never thought to look at the tank!

But I prefer to stay away from tanks while in combat, they attract a lot of explosives.

Capt.Cool

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 5, 2010
Sky high
+1

This idea is as old as... the wheel! :D

But its still good! (already on the List!) As it was possible in RO1 on custom maps I really hope its possible in RO2!

CopperHead

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 9, 2010
I don't even know why you are arguing about it. Tank riding was supported in RO. It was touted as a free community expansion, and shown in the trailer. Yes, there should be tank riding. If knighted doesn't want to, then he doesn't have to.

PsychoPigeon

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2006
In Unreal
ain't guna happen, this will be just a rehash of RO with better graphics and slight adjustments. Don't think too much into it.