• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ride able tanks [Merged]

ride able tanks [Merged]

• yes lets hop on an IS2

Votes: 36 75.0%
  • no i dont like it

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • maybe depends it works

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • ill think about it

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry to lower the tone, but COD2 had tanks with AI riding on them :)
440Toujane4r_1113904157.jpg

Upvote 0
Add to that, that you need to limit the tank from turning its turret etc if its fully crowded etc, no i just don't see this being implemented at all before launch, what if people keeps jumping onto your tanks etc in battle.. too many unnecessary variables in my opinion.

Just lock the torret completely and allow the actual tanker to decide if he wants to transport some people with his tank and allow it, together with giving him a disenbark button.

Upvote 0
OoOo. Well if the commander can lock the tank, why can't he just yell "Hey you recruits get off my tank!"

In other words, make a lock for tank riding as well.

Advantage: You have more turret rotation, maybe speed? [(I doubt several soldiers would affect movement THAT much)]

Disadvantage: Your soldiers who cap objectives can't get into battle quick enough to kill all those pesky AT soldiers on your *** ^_^

Upvote 0
You just aren't going to need this, there isn't infantry fighting involved in the tank on tank scenarios, and the combined arms scenarios are all urban combat.

All honesty, I believe it should be the fool who decides to ride the tank into a tank battle who needs worry. Not you or I. This is my "communism" speaking but, let it be up to the players. The general population will use it for a base of transportation. Limit the spots on the tank to two, and there you go.

Pros:
Quicker transportation

Cons:
Little to no cover from enemy fire
Slow movement
Extremely dangerous when driving full speed

Upvote 0
Which is sad. There should always be an infantry option for players to choose from.

I'm sure there will be, and plenty once the custom mappers get ahold of the ROHOS SDK. Then we will have all types of scenarios to choose from. We must not forget about that aspect of the game and not just the stock and official mod releases.

Upvote 0
Which is sad. There should always be an infantry option for players to choose from.

Allways might be pushing it, playing as infantry on some of the big tank maps that got done for for RO (especially some of the custom ones) was quite pointless, it never really worked propperly.

I'd say the mod had the right idea about combined arms maps, more so than Ost.

Upvote 0