• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resolution Problem

JayTac

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
After having performance issues, I decided to upgrade the drivers for my videocard. Upon doing so, the game no longer is shown in full resolution. Apparently nothing will unless I change the resolution to 16x10. It's in fullscreen, but doesn't stretch lower res' to fit the screen. It's just chopped off. If that makes any sense. I suppose this is more a drivers problem, sense the same thing is happening on all of my games. Windows too actually, I have to run full 16x10 for windows to show properly as well. So the driver update did a **** number on my settings.

Anyone know why that is, how I can fix this issue? I can't even change resolutions on RO and don't know how the game will run in full res.

clean uninstall the driver
i.e.
- uninstall, then
- clean up the mess (using eg. Driver Sweeper)

Then reinstall.

You may not succeed at once. If it's bad, rinse and repeat. Sadly gfx drivers can be a bit fiddly, I've had occasions when a driver install was messed up twice, then got it right third the time - only god knows why.

If all else fails, revert to an older driver or try beta drivers.

Upvote 0