• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Repeat Brew

The map.roe in the "unpublished" folder needs to stay there, that is your MASTER file.

The file generated during brewing will appear in the "published" folder, this is the file players/servers use, and will be smaller in size than the unpublished file. Think of it as when you "flatten" layers in Photoshop, it makes the file smaller, but the elements needed to edit have been removed.

You brew only once. Rebrewing a brewed file? Don't.

<insert comment about dog eating its own excrement>

Upvote 0
The map.roe in the "unpublished" folder needs to stay there, that is your MASTER file.

The file generated during brewing will appear in the "published" folder, this is the file players/servers use, and will be smaller in size than the unpublished file. Think of it as when you "flatten" layers in Photoshop, it makes the file smaller, but the elements needed to edit have been removed.

You brew only once. Rebrewing a brewed file? Don't.

<insert comment about dog eating its own excrement>

Why should not the Rebrewing?
What problems will cause it?
I can't find it, I think it 's just to reduce the size of the map.

Upvote 0
Why should not the Rebrewing?
What problems will cause it?
I can't find it, I think it 's just to reduce the size of the map.

Obviously you don't have any custom textures. Brewing will compress them to a lower resolution (mip map). Rebrewing even more so, till your 2048x2048 is just 1x1.

If using only stock assets, you are just dropping resolution of your lightmaps, making shadows look like poo and wasting your time rebuilding lighting at "production" settings.

To save time, rebuild lighting on "preview" to see what low rez lightmaps look like and get a smaller file size after brewing.

Upvote 0
Obviously you don't have any custom textures. Brewing will compress them to a lower resolution (mip map). Rebrewing even more so, till your 2048x2048 is just 1x1.

If using only stock assets, you are just dropping resolution of your lightmaps, making shadows look like poo and wasting your time rebuilding lighting at "production" settings.

To save time, rebuild lighting on "preview" to see what low rez lightmaps look like and get a smaller file size after brewing.

I see! Thank you Twrecks:)

Upvote 0