• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Regarding performance

My biggest issue is the actual graphics to actual performance.

Let's face it, game looks outdated (equivalent to 4-5 year old game) so there is no reason AT ALL that it should perform like Crysis.

If it looked great/new benchmark....I'm fine with it, but it doesn't. FAR FAR FAR from that.

So the performance issues are not justified.

Reactions: Centy
Upvote 0
Map optimizing ?

My FPS are hovering between 15 and (rarely) 50.
My CPU ([email protected]) usage hovers at 50% MAX, ALL THE TIME ON ANY MAP and my GPU (6950 2gb) usage hovers around 20-30% MAX with pits at 0% during which my game is stuck at 15fps ON ANY MAP.
And I have horrible stuttering ALL THE TIME, which are even worse when the artillery is called.
Here is a screenshot showing the kind of performance I have (on medium, upper left is my GPU usage, bottom left is each CPU core usage)

Don't tell me it is bad map optimization, if it was, my CPU and/or my GPU usage would be at 100% most of the time ; this is something deeper and different here.

If my GPU or CPU usage was 100% or even 80%, I'd say "yeah ok, time to buy new hardware" but here my computer has enough horsepower to run the game twice, and if it was possible I'm sure it wouldn't change anything to my average FPS.

It's good to hear you are working things out but I'm affraid you are going the wrong way.
Now the only hope I have left is a brand new saving AMD driver optimized for RO2...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Map optimizing ?

My FPS are hovering between 15 and most rarely 50.
My CPU ([email protected]) usage hovers at 50% ALL THE TIME ON ANY MAP and my GPU (6950 2gb) usage hovers around 20-30% with pits at 0% during which my game is stuck at 15fps ON ANY MAP.

Don't tell me this is bad map optimization, if it was, my CPU and/or my GPU usage would be at 100% most of the time ; this is something else here.

If my GPU or CPU usage was 100%, I'd say "yeah ok, time to buy new hardware" but here my computer has enough horsepower to run the game twice, and if it was possible I'm sure it wouldn't change anything to my average FPS.

I agree. Saying that Crossfire works, but we don;t see any gains because our CPU's are too weak seems a little bit silly.

Especially seeing I have a high clocked top of the line CPU that never gets above 40% usage.

Upvote 0
So the performance issues are not justified.

Rendering. Distance. No. Comparison. "Faked" distance details do not count. Crysis 2 is almost a corridor shooter compared to Far Cry, for example. Please consider the facts and details before making assumptions - RO2, as John says, is pumping far more total geometry than Crysis is. The shiny shiny has blinded you to the details I'm afraid :)

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
even more good news, i think the performance might affect me, i seem to get a solid 20~ fps no matter what detail setting (or map) i put the sliders at, if i nudge detail and texture detail to high, its the same frame rate as ultra. although my pc is getting toward 3 years old now. its budget and there is always the chance i have some kind of bottleneck. hardware never was my 'thing'.

phenom II x2 545 3.0ghz
4gb ram
4650 hd 1gb
1600x900 res

shadows i keep on low fx and processing on med. game looks great still and i don't struggle with 20fps, i just feel that i could be getting 30 at least perhaps if there was more gpu usage.

Upvote 0
Rendering. Distance. No. Comparison. "Faked" distance details do not count. Crysis 2 is almost a corridor shooter compared to Far Cry, for example. Please consider the facts and details before making assumptions - RO2, as John says, is pumping far more total geometry than Crysis is. The shiny shiny has blinded you to the details I'm afraid :)

It's irrelevant to the end user. What I see is FAR FAR FAR from Crysis as far as visuals go.

But I understand, unfortunately most people won't.

4650 hd 1gb

I'm pretty sure that's equivalent to onboard graphics. You are lucky you can even play the game to be honest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Map optimizing ?

My FPS are hovering between 15 and most rarely 50.
My CPU ([email protected]) usage hovers at 50% ALL THE TIME ON ANY MAP and my GPU (6950 2gb) usage hovers around 20-30% with pits at 0% during which my game is stuck at 15fps ON ANY MAP.

Don't tell me this is bad map optimization, if it was, my CPU and/or my GPU usage would be at 100% most of the time ; this is something else here.

If my GPU or CPU usage was 100%, I'd say "yeah ok, time to buy new hardware" but here my computer has enough horsepower to run the game twice, and if it was possible I'm sure it wouldn't change anything to my average FPS.

It's good to hear you are working things out but I'm affraid you are going the wrong way.
Now the only hope I have left is a brand new saving AMD driver optimized for RO2

...and one of the reasons why you're CPU limited is because there are thousands of discrete objects rendered in a single frame. Each one of those objects requires the CPU to crunch some data and send that to GPU for rendering. So yea, it's partly a map optimization issue too.

Upvote 0
I agree with Skewp, the framerate was the worst on Pavlov. I found that deleting the config files gave me enough of a bump to be able to finish the level, but of course I'd like to see what the patch can do!

I love the support you guys have, there are plenty of us out there appreciative of your efforts, and understanding enough to realize that the game isn't patched by waving a wand or snapping your fingers. Thanks so much for all your hard work! ;)

Upvote 0