• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reduce Upgrades cost?

Humam2104

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
Upgrades are overcosting in the game, and some lower tier weapons can have very high prices for upgrades that are not really that useful.. maybe reduce the cost of these upgrades? or limit how many times you can upgrades these lower tier weapons?
Also, upgrading Tier 4 weapons is really costy and most of the times I won't do it because there won't be leftover dosh to give to the team if someone died..
for example: buying a fully upgraded HRG Incendiary Rifle costs 1500+700+1500=3700! that's almost double the price of a helios Rifle and it's still weaker than it
I would suggest a maximum value of dosh for lower than 3000 or 2500 (maybe 2200 or 2000)?
I mean some T5 weapons cost way less (Helios, Battle Axe, Compound Bow, Medic Grenade Launcher)
A fully upgraded Railgun can be really useful if it has a lower price (around 2000), it allows a player to fully kill large zeds without the need of crouching on HOE. AMR could be an option but it's really heavy and the 0.5 Magnum isn't that effective against small zeds.
Same goes for the RPG-7, if you don't give up the faster reload you can't one shot a large zed on HOE unless you pay the extra 1500 for an upgrade! is it really that worth?
Also 0.5 Magnums Don't get much of a difference when upgraded, they still need 4 bullets to kill a fleshpound on HOE and their upgrade price is 1500!
Dual Deagles have a difference but only with the first upgrade! the 1500 doesn't help much
HRG Incision Needs 3000 in order one shot a scrake!
Skills Used:
Sharpshooter:
Sharpshooter.jpg
Demolitionist:
Demolitionist.jpg
Medic:
Medic.jpg
Gunslinger:
Gunslinger.jpg

I know some people might not accept this because they like how the game progresses but for me these things give more prospective and more options for players to have in the game. The game has massive amounts of new players now and it would really be better this way imo.

Last edited: