• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Redirect using steam workshop

It is like for Killing Floor 2 http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/...op_For_Servers But here is my express tutorial:

FIRST PART ADD WORKSHOP ITEM:

Stop server

Edit file /ROGame/Config/ROEngine.ini

Add a new section to the config file at the end where XXX YYY and so on are the workshop item ID:
Code:
[OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.KFWorkshopSteamworks]
ServerSubscribedWorkshopItems=XXX
ServerSubscribedWorkshopItems=YYY
ServerSubscribedWorkshopItems=...

Then search in the config file for DownloadManagers= when you located the config file part where you see this line add a new line before and paste DownloadManagers=OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.SteamWo rkshopDownload so this is first before the two other DownloadManagers line, it looks like this

Code:
DownloadManagers=OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.SteamWorkshopDownload
DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload

Save and start the server, wait a moment, check the console if you want to see when it finished downloading items (item state 4 means item is downloaded and up to date).

SECOND PART CREATE MAP CONFIG FILE:

When all items are downloaded, stop server, and browse to /ROGame/Cache/ you'll see new folders with the item ID in name, for each folder you have there you open until you find the map, copy exactly its filename. It is important that you really COPY the filename to avoid any issue, exact filename means you will not fail.

For each map you need to create a config file to have the map visible in webadmin.
In my example, let say the map is called VNTE-MapName.roe so now the simple thing you have to do is create a new file in /ROGame/Config/ called VNTE-MapName.ini (note that the ini is called the same as the map, only the extension change).

Edit the new config file, and use the file name in the config template here to replace the parts in bold (already did it here but all other template will follow).

You will create a new config file for each map of course.

So for this example create a file /ROGame/Config/VNTE-MapName.ini and paste this:

Code:
[V[B]NTE-MapName[/B] ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=[B]VNTE-MapName[/B]
FriendlyName=[B]VNTE Map Name[/B]
GameType=ROGame.[B]ROGameInfoTerritories[/B]
LoadMapMovie=LoadScreen_Community

Here are other template for all the modes, so depending on the map prefix you use different one of course (VNTE, VNSU, or VNSK):

Territory:
Code:
[V[B]NTE-XXX[/B] ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=V[B]NTE-XXX[/B]
FriendlyName=[B]XXX[/B]
GameType=ROGame.[B]ROGameInfoTerritories[/B]

Supremacy:
Code:
[[B]VNSU-XXX[/B] ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=[B]VNSU-XXX[/B]
FriendlyName=[B]XXX[/B]
GameType=ROGame.[B]ROGameInfoSupremacy[/B]

Skirmish:
Code:
[[B]VNSK-XXX[/B] ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=[B]VNSK-XXX[/B]
FriendlyName=[B]XXX[/B]
GameType=ROGame.[B]ROGameInfoSkirmish[/B]

Once all this is done, reboot server, and enjoy, you can modify your map cycle and add the new custom maps.

EDIT: there is the new thing in webadmin for Workshop, it may replace the first part where you edit yourself the ROEngine.ini, you only need to create the config file for the map to show in webadmin then ;) but I didn't use it yet so I only explain the full manual way to do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are the devs still working on a way for the SWS to also deliver the ini files?

NB: are any servers actually using this ne feature? I dont have faith in it just yet and still use the old method of having my own redirect and manually setting up custom maps. Would like to get some feedback before testing it out live.

Last edited:
Upvote 0