• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RED ORCHESTRA UNOFFICIAL TWEAK GUIDE v1.1

Should I use any of the tweaks if the game runs smooth on everything set to highest possible? I mean, is there any tweaks that actually make the game more easily played, but not on the expense of quality? Everything seems to run smooth right now, so should I forget about tweaking?

ALSO

what's the command to see FPS rate?

draw_fps? something similar?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sweet thanks. I have an x850xt.
Adaptive antialiasing, temporal aliasing and vsync on cause horrible mouse lag, this will probably be true for most ATI cards out there right now.
HDR Blurs everything as you have stated.
Turning on tripple buffering hovewer removes most tearing so its good, thanks. I can also run the game smoothly at 6X AA andn 16x AF, except when I use the sniper. So if you are making changes, try it with the sniper riffle, as this seems to give you the lowest fps in the game.

Upvote 0
Sweet thanks. I have an x850xt.
Adaptive antialiasing, temporal aliasing and vsync on cause horrible mouse lag, this will probably be true for most ATI cards out there right now.
HDR Blurs everything as you have stated.
Turning on tripple buffering hovewer removes most tearing so its good, thanks. I can also run the game smoothly at 6X AA andn 16x AF, except when I use the sniper. So if you are making changes, try it with the sniper riffle, as this seems to give you the lowest fps in the game.
Try setting the sniper scope to "texture" instead of 3D if you are experiencing low fps scoped :)

Upvote 0
good guide man, 1 thing:

is it possible to see the reinforcement time?

i mean how long shall we respawn?

not sure what you are looking for here you should see your time to respawn in the top left when you die. Pressing F1 gives you the score board with how many reinforcements you have. If you dont see the countdown then maybe it is a HUD setting but by defalt you should see both of those.

Upvote 0
i made this command line, but doesn t work, what s wrong with that?

Aliases[38]=(Command="ROIronSights | OnRelease ROIronSightsreleased",Alias="ROIronSights")

i read the .ini and see how the others commands were given, so made this 1, should work, but doesn t.

Edit: ok now works fine.

Aliases[38]=(Command="ROIronSights | OnRelease ROIronSights",Alias="ROIronSights")

this above command works like this:

when u press the mouse for IS once ur player will stay in IS mode but u have to press it again to go back in normal view, while if u press and hold the button ur player will go back in the normal view once u release the button....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2nd question:

is there a guide to the game maps? i mean:

which team is best for which map: ie say 3 rifle, 3 assault trooper, 1 mg and so son....

where should every1 stay to best cover each key point of the map

maybe a guide to shooting too.

is there anything like this aviable online?

thx again

Upvote 0
I was writing in to post back about your issue on the ironsights here is what i use
RightMouse=ROIronSights | Onrelease ROironsights
I also use something similar to that for the map button as well that is really handy.
As for a map guide no I dont believe that there is anything out there. you really shouldnt try to be on the side that has the best setup. When going into a map please try to balance it out. This is what we call stacking and is not very fun to the other team if they are outnumbered so please help keep it balanced. You will learn the maps in time or you could just run around them in practice mode. there are certain hardpoint positions that you can find on maps but basically it is commonsense and trial and error. I am sure you will pick up on them easily.

Upvote 0
for any1 who thinks it might b a good idea........

i tryed to bind 2 commands to 1 key like this:

Prone | OnRelease ROIronSights

it s supposed to prone and go in ironsights mode as well, and it works, i hope u find it useful.

PS the drawback is that u have to stand up using a different button unless u don t want to raise and go in ironsights as well, but i find it not useful if i have to run away from a nade ;)

Upvote 0