• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra - Ostfront -> Basic and Advanced FAQ

Witzig, you might want to run over it with a spell checker. Also, check for small errors such as:

"If a Commander (+Tank Commander) wants to call in Infantry, he uses his Binoculars and "looks" at the Target and selects his specific Target (Primary Fire), then one Teammember has to call in the Artillery Strike via the Radios placed somewhere on the Map."

Wouldn't artillery be a better idea? (Especially with enemy tanks)

Upvote 0
I have a problem. I installed RO some time ago and it worked perfectly. Now I downloaded it again but I can't manage to change the scope detail. I know its by F12 but whenever I press it with the scope open, nothing happens. I've changed all the keys to their defaults but it still doesn't help. Can someone please give me step-by-step instructions on how to get things right. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have a problem. I installed RO some time ago and it worked perfectly. Now I downloaded it again but I can't manage to change the scope detail. I know its by F12 but whenever I press it with the scope open, nothing happens. I've changed all the keys to their defaults but it still doesn't help. Can someone please give me step-by-step instructions on how to get things right. Thanks.

The scope detail can only be change from the menu now and not ingame since it was never intended to be changed ingame in the first place and might cause graphical errors if done ingame.

So you can still change it from the graphics menu in the config but not ingame with F12.

Upvote 0
If you get shot and you were about to throw a grenade will it fall on the ground and explode?
Yes. This is a common way to kill teammates. The best ways to throw grenades are when you're not near friendlies or from behind cover where you won't be killed. Of course, it can't always work that way in-game. Just be careful and apologize for the eventual TKs.
I walked into a deadnade last night when I should have known better. I saw a teammate get shot while throwing a nade and headed his direction anyway. I thought he managed to throw before he got shot. Either he didn't get the nade away or it came back down because he was trying to throw up over a wall. Either way it was my fault I died and I made sure to tell him it was my fault so he wouldn't feel so bad.

Upvote 0
Guys, I'm a little embarassed, but I have a question about tank ammo, specifically - Panzer III APCR (sp?). What's the diference between this and AP? When should I use it - please give some simple examples?
Because I already for some time tend to play as a german on RO.ru server (people stack Soviet side there, quite unusual), so I'd like to know my weapons better - how to use them. I was in PzIII near Bondarevo village, saw T-34, he was standing perfectly for my shot - shell would hit him at 90 degrees in the side. So I shot him with APCR. He started smoking. I shot him again. And again. I don't remember correctly, but I think I shot him 3 or even 4 times before he exploded. What gives? Usually it takes 2 shots like these to destroy a medium tank?
Sorry for my noob question.:eek:

Upvote 0
I am new to the game everyone. I am a 5+ year Day of Defeat player who really wants to try soemthing new and stick with it. I played Cal of Duty and found the vehicles just didnt do it for me. However I would really like to try and get into this game.

Are there any infantry specific maps without vehicles out there?

Are there any maps which would be best to learn how to use the tanks on?

Also I am struggling to identify enemy from friendly. I dont want to teamkill, but cant identify the enemy from team. Any hints on how to keep the tking down as a new player?

Also any new player advice would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Upvote 0
Well you'll get used to the uniforms.

There are infantry maps, tank maps, and combined arms maps.

There are servers that only run infantry servers, and most custom maps are infantry maps.

There are a few tank only maps (Black Day in July & Orel) those are for the hardcore tankers. You don't usually find those on normal servers, more common are the Tripwire tank maps like Ogledow and Hedgehog. (No one plays Bondarevo)

Combined arms maps consist of a few tanks or armored vehicles (Smolensk Stalemate, Konigsplatz, Hedgehog, Berezina, Tractor Works)

So you never really need to learn how to use a tank unless you want to.

Upvote 0
I am new to the game everyone. I am a 5+ year Day of Defeat player who really wants to try soemthing new and stick with it. I played Cal of Duty and found the vehicles just didnt do it for me. However I would really like to try and get into this game.

Are there any infantry specific maps without vehicles out there?

Are there any maps which would be best to learn how to use the tanks on?

Also I am struggling to identify enemy from friendly. I dont want to teamkill, but cant identify the enemy from team. Any hints on how to keep the tking down as a new player?

Also any new player advice would be appreciated. Thankyou.

It realy is advisable to at least have a try at a practice session as you will start to recognise the uniforms more easily once you play for an hour or so in practice mode.

Use the in game Voip to talk to your other team members and try to keep a track from them on where the enemy is.

You will also find a full manual in the game and there is even a hint box you can turn on or off from the configuration page.

Infantry maps without vehicles are Odessa, Basovka, Baksan Valley, Kaukasas, Krasnyi Oktyabr', LyesKrovy and of course Danzig.

Upvote 0