• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra - Ostfront -> Basic and Advanced FAQ

Finswan said:
You mean the game files as dll and so one.

But is it like if i pre purchase i mean download that there comes install program and install any directory i want or only steam. I tryed removed a Half Life 2 demo file from steamapps non on Steam it says not installed, putted back and it finds them so i think i could do that.
The files seem to have to be located under that ...\[username]\Steamapps\[game] path (not quite sure about the path, I'll look it up when at home), in oder for steam to recognize it. So just compress everything in that [game]-folder and burn it onto a CD/DVD.
Thats about the same thing this backup option in steam does. Someone mentioned this is bugged tho, but I cant tell because I have no personal experience with it. This is more of a Steam problem, so you'll probably get better/more competent help in the steam forums? ;)

Cowboy

Upvote 0
Kalashnikov Slamdunk said:
ok, so we need a third opinion here.
anyone?
Maybe you'll manage to lob a nade in there, I think it should be possible. (but I doubt you'll manage it!)
There is no bad war movie like 'open-the-dumpster--drop-nade-in' fuction.
The hatches where tightly closed from the inside so noone from the outside could open 'em under combat conditions, if thats what you are asking.

Upvote 0
Cowboy from hell said:
Maybe you'll manage to lob a nade in there, I think it should be possible. (but I doubt you'll manage it!)
There is no bad war movie like 'open-the-dumpster--drop-nade-in' fuction.
The hatches where tightly closed from the inside so noone from the outside could open 'em under combat conditions, if thats what you are asking.

Yeah but what about RO? :D
I haven't bought it yet so I'm not 100% sure.

Upvote 0
binding turret movement to mouse

binding turret movement to mouse

just got the retail version of RO..... great..... just one thing though.... is there a way to bind turret/ gun movement to mouse? like in the old version..... i assume this was changed in the name of realism.... ???? anyway its more fun the old way... any thoughts on this?

Upvote 0
prinz eugen said:
just got the retail version of RO..... great..... just one thing though.... is there a way to bind turret/ gun movement to mouse? like in the old version..... i assume this was changed in the name of realism.... ???? anyway its more fun the old way... any thoughts on this?

No its not possible afaik, and you do hit better with the Keys anyway.

Upvote 0
It says the minimum specs on boxed version 256 megs of RAM. That is way too low. I had 512 and could just run on low with decent FPS. But now that I got 2 gigs of RAM it runs great, I can load maps in 10 to 15 seconds and FPS is good on very highest of settings. I think the minimum specs for RAM should be 512. if mine had been any lower, it might have tunred on and loaded a map, but wouldbe completely unplayable. 512 is playable, any lower and that will just lead them to give bad remarks to their freinds and make the game sound bad, which it isnt.

Upvote 0
I keep getting a message when i attempt to connect to some servers saying "Your version of RO is not compatible with the servers" and fails to connect. The servers have the "green" icon meaning they have the latest version and i assume i have as steam is set to automaticly update all my games and no update has been mentioned on the site.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
genghis said:
wow i thought an faq was sposed to tell u how to play the game, this reads like promo crap. not one instruction in here. i came here to find out how to fire artillery.. nothing.. another 20 minutes wasted on this forum

Q: How does Artillery/Rally Points work ?
A: A Commander/Tank Commander can place Rally Points on the Map, visible for every Soldier on his Side with his Binoculars (Secondary Fire). If a Commander (+Tank Commander) wants to call in Infantry, he uses his Binoculars and "looks" at the Target and selects his specific Target (Primary Fire), then one Teammember has to call in the Artillery Strike via the Radios placed somewhere on the Map. The Type and volume of Artillery Support avaible depends upon the Map, from Mortars over Artillery Canons to Katyusha Rockets.

Although right now the commander has to spot it AND call it in.

Upvote 0
genghis said:
wow i thought an faq was sposed to tell u how to play the game, this reads like promo crap. not one instruction in here. i came here to find out how to fire artillery.. nothing.. another 20 minutes wasted on this forum

How to fire Artillery is described in the Manual that came with the Game, actually the whole Game and basic Tactics are explained in the Manual. So i don't see the need to post a 90 Pages Manual here... would make the posts a bit toooooo long....

And this is not promo Crap, these questions where asked by Forum Users on these boards. Surely they are all retarded Fanboys ?....

FYI
FAQ = Frequently asked Questions NOT Manual that explains the Game to you...

Upvote 0