• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Reinforcement Update - 2.0.0.20

I patched several servers yesterday (not 324890 but plain 212542), anyway, steamcmd had several hiccups and some servers needed a few retries before patch was ok. This had probably nothing to do with RO2, just steamcmd had some issues.

Yep I think that was my original problem.

Though I still dont seem to have the new map. And when I try 324890 I get an error.

ERROR! Failed to install app '324890' (No subscription)

Is there a manual install I can try?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Help me understand about the LMG update, as there was much gnashing and grinding of teeth about LMG rambos recently...

When your LMG is not supported (mounted or prone) the recoil is much more unmanageable than before the patch. This is to alleviate the complaints about LMGs dominating close to midrange firefights when unsupported, correct?

When you are firing an LMG you are no longer slowed down to a walk, instead you keep normal movement speed. This is to make LMGs easier to use while moving (to compensate for the greater recoil), correct?

That seems like a fair update to me. LMG users are no longer slow as turtles when firing on the move but they can't spray down people as easily while moving anymore.

Upvote 0
I like this update, but there are some thing I would like to say.

You are real trolls TWI. The MG recoil was a problem talked about to death since RO2 RELEASE, yes RELEASE, and also since MG42 even more people where raging about this laser ray weapon (beta tester reported it dozen times but we understood you did not care at all what we though)... So after four years you finally decided to do this little fix, thank you, but you are real trolls (that is not the only example, but for this one, I have to applause "clap, clap, clap").

Also, and I think it is important, how are people supposed to know about the map pack on Steam? You think everyone will come and read a changelog? You have to:
- remove the useless old alpha map pack visible on store page (it has an alpha map currently in game as official map, Demyansk, people should not be able to install that)
- make this Beta Map Pack VISIBLE FOR ALL on the store page without carefully reading and finding a link.. advertise it better on store page, and also update this pack description in store page because it is outdated for now (maybe also add the map revision for each map). I think adding it in the "Community-Made Mods For this game" would be great because as it is, nobody knows it, all my friends don't know about this pack.. You only find it on steam if you know it exists, and search it in the search engine.

But really.... best trolls ever.. :IS2:

edit: and for server admins with no subscription bug, it does this when the app on SteamCMD needs anonymous login, or needs a real login, depending on the case switch to one or the other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But still there are many other weapons with problems as like: the G41, you can't stop the reload animation to load only 1 clip instead of 2. Also for all weapons, why can't there be a stop reload function, if you still have a full clip, just stop the reload and fire, to not be killed. As for grenades, still you can't enter cover if you are cooking a grenade. As for the inventory, come on, you can pick every weapon on the ground and there is little weight penalty. Also if you are trying not to be shot and want to pick a good weapon its pretty hard if there is another one there, the first inventory from the alpha would've solved this problem. Also still, no detachable bayonet or, helmets that can be shot off,

Upvote 0