• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Army is fighting very hard to win on any map, game balance needs to be fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How lost you can be.. PPSH is worse than mp40? righto.. Most of the time allies lose is because that team just plain sucks. They run 5 meters from spawn and go prone when they should attack and they get horribly spawnraped because of that or lockdown saves them. I'd wait a week or two before starting to even think about nerfing anything and let new players learn how to play the game.

Upvote 0
MP40 is hardly used now.

They should make MP40 / PPSH default select for Assault instead of MKB / AVT.

For those who just click assault, they get the MUCH more common weapon. This might let us see the MP40 a bit more instead of the Ultra Rare weapon. It also doesn't remove people ability to use it. Just encourages MP 40 use.

Upvote 0
Out of 38 matches on allied side, 1 win, and it was grain elevator, where the whole team camped the top floor gunning Germans down as they ran out from the burning building.

For me PPSH is impossible to play with, first shot:

Lags my computer to the point where its just above powerpoint
Does not fire
Throws the aim up 2-3 inches

Bolt action/semi auto is way too easy though.

Upvote 0
You mad, comrade?

Seriously you guys need to stop *****ing.
There are several reasons why the Germans win:

1. They are the bad guys. Everyone is so ****ing tired of playing the selfless hero that its kinda nice every once in awhile to play the dicks. This means you get the more mature, more experienced gamers on the German side. This is not the only game this has happened in. The Horde in WoW, the Empire in Allods, all have better players.

2. The Germans had better guns. From the reports I've read (and fired a few of the weapons) the Germans generally had the better guns in the war. The average Russian soldier was lucky to get a gun at all.

3. Germans were often defending their captured territory against the waves and waves of Russian soldiers that were sent in to get slaughtered and slow the Nazi advance because of the sheer desperation of Stalin to stop Hitler.

Historically, this game is pretty accurate, but as far as balance goes, it does favor the Germans.

Please either learn to live with it or go play something else, you people that ***** ruin it for the rest of us.

*Note* I support complaining about bugs. They need to get fixed.

Upvote 0
No its just cause the Russians have **** teams
When they get a good team they can easily win

Just came from a losing streak because Russians has finally gotten their **** together on the server i was playing on.
Actual balance is a result of many things. If it is as you suggest, that the game is physically a perfect balance, then consider the following analogy: Spetznaz versus local militia. Even if they are given the exact same conditions, it is not a fair and balanced fight. Other handicaps would be required to balance that fight.

I disagree that it is only about teamwork. I've played both sides. Teamwork helps a lot, but does not change that on most maps, the Germans have better cover with windows conveniently accessible on higher floors facing the enemy, better camuflage, better terrain (elevation), more players, the sun behind them with shadow (whereas Allies have the sun in their eyes and must stand directly in the sun to even get a field of fire while being half-blind from the sun, like on Pavlov's House), better weapons, better tanks. Grain Elevator is an expection, where most of these things are not present. I find that on this map, the outcome is 50/50.

Upvote 0
You mad, comrade?

Seriously you guys need to stop *****ing.
There are several reasons why the Germans win:

1. They are the bad guys. Everyone is so ****ing tired of playing the selfless hero that its kinda nice every once in awhile to play the dicks. This means you get the more mature, more experienced gamers on the German side. This is not the only game this has happened in. The Horde in WoW, the Empire in Allods, all have better players.

2. The Germans had better guns. From the reports I've read (and fired a few of the weapons) the Germans generally had the better guns in the war. The average Russian soldier was lucky to get a gun at all.

3. Germans were often defending their captured territory against the waves and waves of Russian soldiers that were sent in to get slaughtered and slow the Nazi advance because of the sheer desperation of Stalin to stop Hitler.

Historically, this game is pretty accurate, but as far as balance goes, it does favor the Germans.

Please either learn to live with it or go play something else, you people that ***** ruin it for the rest of us.

*Note* I support complaining about bugs. They need to get fixed.

1. Germans are not all the bad guys. If you think Russia was a bunch of selfless heroes, think again. They were both people thrown in to this ****ty mess. Most of them loved their family and country.

2. The Russians were better equipped for urban warfare. Despite the German armies superior training and all around superior guns, Russia finally kicked their *** at Stalingrad. They schooled them hard in urban combat.
The Russians should have more SMGs. There were NOT many MP40s at Stalingrad and almost NO MKBs. Increasing their rarity would help balance the fact that they ARE superior. The "superior" German weapons were harder to come by. Its as simple as that. Historically accurate and balancing.

3. By your own admission, the Russians should usually have more Reenforcements. Just looking at the numbers, Germans had 700k vs Russia's 1,143k. Perhaps this could be reflected in game by giving Russia slightly more reenforcments on most maps and faster respawn time.
The Germans superior training should be implemented by slightly increasing base weapon sway, suppression, ect. for all Russians but not Germans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think that was the point he was trying to make: "interrupting statistics"

and "history buffs" typically are not interested in statistics. Most degree holding history majors I know, know how to pick out important statistics and apply their meaning in a logical manner. If they didn't, they wouldn't pass a class. Statistics are not what "history buffs" fall back on.

I use the term "history buff" specifically to distinguish them from degree holding historians.

A history buff is a guy who reads wikipedia articles, looks at some numbers, swallows and regurgitates common stereotypes, etc. and thinks he's an expert historian on a subject because of it.

People like that fail to realize that real history isn't just numbers, stats and dates. Its a complex narrative.

Anyone who thinks they can boil down the eastern front of WW2 to something so simple as "Germans were elite and only lost because Russia had endless hordes" is no doubt a HUGE "history buff."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.