• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Army is fighting very hard to win on any map, game balance needs to be fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Red Army WAS weak.

They overwhelmed the Germans with sheer numbers.

How much do you think they outnumbered the Germans, in Stalingrad for example?

If you really want realism then it'd be 4-5 Allies for every German on a team, which would make for bull**** gameplay obviously. In the interest of improving the game, the maps should be balanced better. The biggest issue is map imbalance right now.

At the height of Soviet power in Stalingrad it was roughly 1,100,000 Soviets to 700,000 axis or roughly 1.5:1. Early on (think spartanovka) this ratio was reversed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What "history buffs" fail to realize is everything is a lot more complicated than "statistics."

I think that was the point he was trying to make: "interrupting statistics"

and "history buffs" typically are not interested in statistics. Most degree holding history majors I know, know how to pick out important statistics and apply their meaning in a logical manner. If they didn't, they wouldn't pass a class. Statistics are not what "history buffs" fall back on.

Upvote 0
I think I played Axis about 5 times in total. It's always massively outnumbering the Allies so I never pick them. Everyone does choose Axis because they win most of the time. Especially now that the STG 44 variant is in the game. My stats aren't working but it would be interesting to see what my win/loss ratio is, probably something terrible but it would give a good indication of how many times Axis win and I lose.

On Pavolvs house they don't even need to conquer all points to win the map, I think for Axis alot of the maps are like that. Meh, just another thing on the pile.

Upvote 0
Germans are favored. Their weapons are better and the 3 maps everyone plays due to broken voting (Spartanovka, Barracks, and Commissar's house) all favor them due to geography. Spartanovka is particularly bad because Russians have a hard time calling artillery due to "Not a Valid Target!" bull**** whereas Germans can spawn rape all game long (I regularly get 35+ kills per round doing it).

-MP40 is better than PPSH at all but extremely close ranges (and the difference is marginal there). PPSH has large recoil and sometimes the first shot will make it jump an inch or two. MP40 on the other hand is a laser for the entire magazine, you can basically use it like an LMG with worse penetration.
-MKB42 is far and away the best gun in the game (and a good third of the German team gets it). At close range it is an SMG that does rifle damage, and at long range it is just as good as a rifle.
-MG34 is somewhat better than the DP28 due to rate of fire and hipfiring ability, and will become vastly better with upgrades (DP28 has none).

The list goes on. Add this to the fact that Germans are darker while Russians are practically day-glo, making Germans favored on shadowy/night maps (like Barracks and ROFactory).

So yeah. I have no axe to grind, I'm not a fanboy, I play both sides evenly and I'd use auto assign if there was one. As a competitive RTS player, longtime RO player (since version 3 of the mod), and student of game design (literally in university majoring in programming and making games), I think I can spot imbalance, especially when it is this blatant.

The fix might be easy, though. Simply buff the PPSH a bit, make defenders spawn more frequently on maps where they are disadvantaged (like Spartanovka), and severely limit the number of AVTs/MKBs (this reduction will hurt Germans far more than Russians).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.