• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Army is fighting very hard to win on any map, game balance needs to be fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys keep getting lost
the subject is maps
not weapons ,teams
but simply the way a map is lay out:eek:

if you cant read the maps and see were the weakness are
you most not know how to play very well
OR you can read the maps and like playing for the Germans

Personal i play mostly Germans
but i still can see where they are unbalanced

Pavlov played "his" map almost like it is in the game, but he won "his" map.
He held out 56 days.
Germans were stupid not to take advantage of the layout I guess...

There is more to it then just the map layouts...

Upvote 0
But wouldn't this show balance? If everyone is learning the new maps, there would not be a statistical skew in favour of Axis, right?

and ppl stop being cowards!!! and attacking one at the time when getting bored or running out of ammo.. instead of everyone at once . thats the main issue.
Its just a game.. u will respawn, and if u die, maybe it saves two on your team = win

Upvote 0
and ppl stop being cowards!!! and attacking one at the time when getting bored or running out of ammo.. instead of everyone at once . thats the main issue.
Its just a game.. u will respawn, and if u die, maybe it saves two on your team = win

It would certainly help if some players (read=many) would grow a pair and attack the next objective once in a while instead of hiding as far back as they can for fear of getting shot.

You just want to grab them and shake them and yell "Its a war game! Youre gonna get shot! If getting shot is not something you want, dont play a war game!".

/rant

Upvote 0
I think his point is that claims that Russians "just don't know the map" is a bit of a fallacy.

It implies that people that play on the Russian side are stupid. Except when the same players play Germans and all that Teutonic brain power floods into them and they win easily.

Another one is that Russians don't work together, with the reasoning above.

Upvote 0
Looks like Rralphster beat me too it but:

This is bad.

Why?

As for the maps, i think commissars is the only one with a serious problem, and maybe pavlovs if axis takes advantage of that aforementioned supply point in 9th square. The rest of the maps seem ok, though i havent had enough time to play all of them to the point of forming a solid opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pavlov played "his" map almost like it is in the game, but he won "his" map.
He held out 56 days.
Germans were stupid not to take advantage of the layout I guess...

There is more to it then just the map layouts...

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that German panzers can watch the Russian spawn from hundreds of meters away...

Lets not forget that the devs said this isn't truly Pavlovs House. This is an attack/attack map, which makes half the russian team zerg towards the other objectives only to get mowed down. If it were truly "Pavlovs map" The Russians would be in full defense.

Upvote 0
lol Ro^China, I saw you yesterday playing on TE-Grainelevator which...we all got pretty much owed by the Germans (actually a Tie). Anyways..for the most time being, I have been playing the German side much more than the Soviet side, and I do feel like the players on the German side are much more better than the Soviet side from times to times. Also yesterday on TE-Apartments the German side won 2 rounds within 10 mins..

And I noticed one thing is I did find far more good camp / flank spots on the German side than the Soviets, which I can take down 20+ Soviet tickets with little to no death(but again, I haven't play on the Allie's side pretty much). Now maybe I should play on the Soviet's side and try to find good spots as well.

Upvote 0
I actually saw the Russians break out of the Commissar House spawn last night. I couldn't believe my eyes. Mostly because half the German team, in a remarkable impression of the Soviets, camped off of Building 81 from the Commissar's House....allowing the whole Russian team to push up that flank with their tanks and assault the park.

We still won, both times. It didn't feel like a win though. More it felt like the German objectives are so huge and gnarly, we won by virtue of having more map space for them to cross, not because we mounted an actual defense.

It kind of sucks, because the most interesting part of that map is the fight over the Commissar's House/Fortress. The map rarely ever gets that far though.

Upvote 0
I actually saw the Russians break out of the Commissar House spawn last night. I couldn't believe my eyes. Mostly because half the German team, in a remarkable impression of the Soviets, camped off of Building 81 from the Commissar's House....allowing the whole Russian team to push up that flank with their tanks and assault the park.

We still won, both times. It didn't feel like a win though. More it felt like the German objectives are so huge and gnarly, we won by virtue of having more map space for them to cross, not because we mounted an actual defense.

It kind of sucks, because the most interesting part of that map is the fight over the Commissar's House/Fortress. The map rarely ever gets that far though.

There is a "fortress"??? Did not know that lol.

The one time I saw the russians break out of spawn was when I was tanking; I pushed up on the left flank and used HE and super jesus AI hull MGer to clear out the german rats from the buildings. The German tankers got smart though and started coming after me rather than camping one side of the map.

Upvote 0
Commissar's House is actually a giant ****ing castle, broken up over I think 3? objectives? It's seriously massive and has arrow turrets on the top floor, a huge underground basement, and a really confusing interior.

It would make for some epic battles....but I've seen the Russians make it that far once on probably 20 games of Commissar's House.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.