• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Army is fighting very hard to win on any map, game balance needs to be fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Army is fighting very hard to win on any map, game balance needs to be fixed!

With equal skilled players, it is tooooo easy for the fascists to win on any map!

If this is realistic, then Stalingrad would have been taken by the fascists in 1942.

Seriously you think they didn't fight hard in 1942? You seem to think that it was picnic of somekind? Let me suprise you and tell that Stalingrad was one of the, if not most hardest battle of WW2, to both sides. And that is same in game from what I've been playing (over 50h in beta) and few hours released game. I play a lot germans, maybe 70% of games and I've been kicked in *** by Russians many many times, and visa versa. It's a ll about team work baby, nothing more, nothing less. Ok, one exception maybe, Gumrak, but rest of maps are pretty equal. Sure some maps gives slight advantage to an enemy, but then other will give you that if play Russians. No, Stalin didn't cry about how unfair war was, he send more men to the front, now, you go and do the same, make Motherland proud! :IS2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rattler
Upvote 0
Stalingrad
Spartanovka
Barracks

Just 3 of the maps that come to mind where I never seem to know which team will be winning. Coming from the beta I can tell you that if you've been playing the game for only a few hours or a few days, there's not a chance in the world that you already know how the game works yet.

Give it some time, give the newbies some time to get used to the game and you will see a very different gameplay emerge.

Upvote 0
Agree completely with the OP, almost all the maps give a mechanical advantage to Axis. Teamwise the only imbalance are the axis tanks which are overwhelmingly superior to T-34s which is kind of a big deal (because of insanely accurate coaxial AI) but not even close to the biggest offender which is map imbalance. It's not even a matter of having a better team, the maps are problematic such that all else being equal (team skill, etc.) Axis will win most of the time on most of the maps because the mechanical/structural advantages given to Axis is so utterly egregious. I'm speaking from my experience playing all through Beta for more hours than I'm embarrassed to say (exclusively on 64 player servers) as well as the general consensus of 60+ off-site forum players I play with regularly)

Station: Allied spawns are too far back, once Axis have taken A B and C, it generally becomes a rout. Shape of map funnels Axis into a concentrated mass that advances together while Allies are forced to arrive piecemeal or else lose caps immediately.

Grain Elevator: No complaints.

Fallen Fighters: T-34 strengths are useless on this map, so they can't attack offensively. Panzers can approach uncontested to sit on C and mow down any allied coming out of spawn with aimbot coaxials.

Spartanovka: Allied spawns are too far back, can rarely recapture a point taken. Point system favors Axis, so if Axis win just one round, they generally have enough points to win the entire match.

Apartments: Obscenely Axis favored. Far western route is impossible for Allies, meaning only two options to capture Propaganda (across courtyard from center or via cellar) both which give the advantage to Axis to defend. Virtually impossible to flank Park so major major advantage to defending Axis.

Commissar's House: This map is a joke. Only one route to cap points which are small so Axis artillery can completely shut down a push AND land artillery right on or outside of spawn. Axis tanks can either hang back in D and snipe with coaxial and HE on Allied spawns or drive up to the mouth of Allied spawns unchallenged. Virtually no cover for allies to push through to cap the first points. Lockdown timers are absurdly short so if by some miracle Allies advance past A and B, they'll run out of time for E. The map is actually fun past A and B, but 90% of the time it's a slaughterfest with Axis infantry running up to allied spawn because they can.

Red October Factory: No complaints other than T-34 inferiority which is still a big factor because of the pinpoint accurate coaxial.

Barracks: No Complaints.

Pavlov's House: Up there with Commissar's and Apartments for most imbalanced. Allied spawns and pathways from buliding to building are entirely exposed to Axis tanks in the C field, while Axis have row upon row of buildings and wrecks for cover (nevermind that the T-34s can never get that far out into the field without being destroyed by Panzers). Zab's House is a Allied slaughterhouse to hold because the exposed side faces a forest of cover from Axis to shoot from to cover assaults while Allies get no such benefits. Axis Commanders can call artillery on virtually any part of the map while Allied are effectively restricted to the North side of Zabs and the field. Axis also get a direct and unexposed route into Pavlov's House to disrupt behind enemy lines or to cap; there is no such equivalent approach to reach the Axis base. I have never seen Allies win on this map and usually their reinforcement deficit exceeds 100.

Gumrak: I don't play Gumrak.

So of the available maps, 7 arguably favor Axis, 3 of which overwhelmingly favor Axis-side (Pavlov's, Commissar's, and Apartments). I'm at the point where, if I want to shoot fish in a barrel, I play Axis. If I want to endure a "challenge" I play Allies. Please Tripwire, fix this.

Last edited:
Reactions: aop and Damo
Upvote 0
This is a bit silly.

TheDOW has taken the time to write-up a long post and yet it's been a bit of a waste of time.

Tell me, why would they make it easy for an attacking team to take a map's objectives? Because that's what it would be if they changed it from its current set-up. It's supposed to be difficult, else it wouldn't be a challenge would it?

The Allies are perfectly capable of winning each and every map through concerted efforts to take the caps. Even the best German defences are unable to stop some attacks, while other times the defenders are simply too good - that's war, and tactical gameplay.

So you've lost a bunch of rounds as Allies - sh1t happens. Learn from it and improve.

Repeating myself here, but the maps do not need rebalancing, victory is possible for the Allies on all maps, more player practice required!!

Upvote 0
Simply no comment .. on the OP discussion.

Looks like the commies are not happy with anything that the Germans have next it will be 1 German fighting 110 Russians..

famous british sense of humour. there are 32v32 fights. as people sign nowadays : 'your captain obvious'.

speaking of ability to win, it seems to me that chinese would sympathize russians in game, so many new players will stick to red army - while experienced, where there are lots of nazi fanboys, will probably stick to german(as it was said above) or join team with less players. there should be no balance. otherwise this game just won't make sense. it's only first day game is out and maps have to be explored, aswell as playing tactics should develop with time.

Upvote 0
^ lol wut

Nerf the Germans nerf the Germans nerf the Germans but give the commies every buff possible ..

I get a hint your not telling us the real story.

I play Germans all the time and I even recognize and exploit the map imbalances. This is an observed statistical phenomena for our server that most everyone agrees on. Allies are getting the shaft on most of the maps, losing about 70-80% of the time for the problematic maps, and upwards of 90% of the time for Commissar's House and Pavlov's House. In fact I have never seen Allies win Commissar's House on our 64 player server which has been up since Beta.

Upvote 0
I'm reading a book that seems to state that Red Army loses in some cases were 7to1 the Axis completely outfought the soviets, the only reason people think otherwise is post war Communist propaganda.

I think they should just change it so the AXIS gets 28 players and the Soviets get 36 plus more reinforcements. Make the Allies have less access to higher tier weapons as well.

Also why are there no rounds that when it says "switching sides" it actually switches the faction your on. sorta stupid that on station you just end up playing the same side of the map twice, why not switch sides and see what team actually does better so you can at least have a total score at the end that means something?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Honestly, with the amount of new people who have no clue how to play, who stubbornly try to play full realism and simply...die the advantage goes to who ever is defending. Because even a clueless simpleton can stand still and shoot someone in the face once in a while.

My experience of the first day at least is that the game is decided based on how many beta/veteran players you have in a team in that round.

Upvote 0
This is a bit silly.

TheDOW has taken the time to write-up a long post and yet it's been a bit of a waste of time.

Tell me, why would they make it easy for an attacking team to take a map's objectives? Because that's what it would be if they changed it from its current set-up. It's supposed to be difficult, else it wouldn't be a challenge would it?

The Allies are perfectly capable of winning each and every map through concerted efforts to take the caps. Even the best German defences are unable to stop some attacks, while other times the defenders are simply too good - that's war, and tactical gameplay.

So you've lost a bunch of rounds as Allies - sh1t happens. Learn from it and improve.

Repeating myself here, but the maps do not need rebalancing, victory is possible for the Allies on all maps, more player practice required!!

Maps should be balanced around as close to 50/50 wins to losses for either side. It's not even fun when I play Axis on Commissar's House because all it takes is a commander with half a brain and functioning axis tanks to completely and utterly shut down the Allies. Have you even played a 64 player full match of Commissar's? Axis artillery blankets the Allied Spawn which is in plain view. Axis tanks shoot directly into Allied spawns.

The only chance you have as Allied is if the Axis doesn't have a commander or tanks, and even then it's a struggle because of the lockdown timers. I honestly don't think you've played Commissar's because the experience is ubiquitous.

Everytime I play Axis on that map I win. If I'm in a tank or Commander it's a guaranteed autowin. I spam arty on the Southeastern Allied Spawn and let the two tanks shoot into the other spawn with HE and coaxial. If you're Axis, it's a race to beat the 5 minute lockdown timers to completely waste Allied reinforcements while still keeping over 250 Axis reinforcements. I can easily rack up over 150 Kill points as commander, and the same as a tank because of the autoaim coaxial AI gunner. There is 0 cover between the first two objectives and the Allied spawns, and the AI coaxial gunner (and obviously Axis arty) effortlessly shoots through smoke. It's stupid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.