• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Army is fighting very hard to win on any map, game balance needs to be fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine for me. The Russian weapons are just as good as the German weapons. The only disadvantage I can think of for the Red Army is their shining uniform, but that's only on some maps.

Maybe better players like German more? Or have you been playing on a particular server where the teams are heavily stacked?

Upvote 0
It's way too early to comment on how balanced the maps are, because the playing field is not equal.

There are new players not at all accustomed to how RO is played, there are people who played the fomer RO games and thus have a better grasp of wha to do, and there are people who logged dozens of hours in the Beta and know how tom play.

So you might just have been unlucky and your team had more little experienced players while the other team had more experienced players, tipping the scale in favour of it regardless of map balance.

Reactions: Tomten
Upvote 0
It's fine for me. The Russian weapons are just as good as the German weapons. The only disadvantage I can think of for the Red Army is their shining uniform, but that's only on some maps.

Maybe better players like German more? Or have you been playing on a particular server where the teams are heavily stacked?
Of course not! I have been playing since the very release, have been 6 hours. Played on a dozen servers, everywhere it's the same.

Reactions: Falkenhorst
Upvote 0
Of course not! I have been playing since the very release, have been 6 hours. Played on a dozen servers, everywhere it's the same.
Unless this persists, I'm going to attribute it to coincidence. Also, you're not giving any constructive advice on game balance. I mean, it's not our job to fix the game, but I really don't see the problem you're having.

Are you talking about weapon balance? Vehicle balance? Map balance? Shining uniforms?

Upvote 0
Red Army is fighting very hard to win on any map, game balance needs to be fixed!

With equal skilled players, it is tooooo easy for the fascists to win on any map!

If this is realistic, then Stalingrad would have been taken by the fascists in 1942.

I don't think so, I think it is simply the better players seem to gravitate more towards the German side. I've yet to be on a Russian team that communicates at all, not so on the other side.

I wouldn't say I'm good, but I tend to crush my soviet teamies when I am soviet, but not so much on the flip side. There seems to be a larger gap, like it always ends up a rag tag group of good players and XXjimbobcodmaster500XX types.

This was true throughout the Final beta as well. Yet, I do just as well with the Russian weapons, and infact prefer them. I dont think it's weapons or maps, but simply one team being better than the other overall. I see more clan guys going German than Russian!

Upvote 0
Look at any of the polls from, whether from years ago until yesterday - veterans have preferred Ger over Rus 98% of the time.
Yeah. It seems like that ingame too, but I can't see any real reason for it.

The PPSh in this game is just as good as the MP40 at medium range if you burst right. Also, the high volume of fire also makes the suppression effect kick in more severely. The bolt action rifles are the same. The semi autos are the same. The German MG is better than the DP, but I doubt people choose teams based on the MG considering there's only one per team.

Upvote 0
Yeah. It seems like that ingame too, but I can't see any real reason for it.

The PPSh in this game is just as good as the MP40 at medium range if you burst right. Also, the high volume of fire also makes the suppression effect kick in more severely. The bolt action rifles are the same. The semi autos are the same. The German MG is better than the DP, but I doubt people choose teams based on the MG considering there's only one per team.

They don't pick Germans for gameplay reasons, its because they're "cool" :rolleyes:

Reactions: Frostedfire
Upvote 0
Na the Russians can bloody the noes of the Germans on many maps if they would get their arses in the capzones lol .....Just seems early on alot of ro1 vets is picking the German side and the Russians get stuck with more newcomers just trying to learn the game(ignoring capzones etc) ....After the new wears of and the more dedicated players remain then we can tell what maps hard for w/e side.

I love the fact that in ro1 not all maps was perfectly balanced and each side had their tough maps.It makes it realistic alot of battles fought in war isnt always perfectly even.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.