• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Army is fighting very hard to win on any map, game balance needs to be fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an Allies faction player, most maps feel viable except for Commissar's House. That place just feels so awful at the start, trying to get beyond the first two cap... which by themselves are very much possible, but it just takes so long to get those 2 that by the time the map gets interesting countdown ticks in and match ends.

But I guess Allies get payback on Grain Elevator?

Upvote 0
But its nice to know that you can pick and choose when you are auto balanced right?

With so many people in the community who are "i only fight for axis" or "I only fight for allies" this game is nothing but a truck with a poorly loaded cargo. sure some deliveries will make it but so many will be ruined along the way. seriously, none of you are fair game players, none of you really think about the server as a whole, but only of yourselves.

Just confirmed how my refund will be done with Steam. enjoy your obviously one sided maps, with one sided player populations, in a very one sided community.

sayonara mf's.

Upvote 0
Cant say I have ever struggled on a map just because of what mesh my character loads. Get some smoke going and talk on voip and crack the enemy team wide open!

As for the completely baseless 'imbalance' all I have to say is LOL. Could your personal bias not show through anymore? All these 'PANZER 4 IS SUPERIOR I KNOW IT BUT I CANT PROVE IT IN ANY WAY' posts are hilarious!

Upvote 0
No one in the group I play with (60+ off-site forum members) ever wants to be in the T-34 vs a PzIV on our 64 player server. After hundreds of hours of collective gameplay, the consensus is that the T-34 has to hide from the PzIV and focus on what infantry it can to contribute to a match, or else serve as a meatshield that minimizes the minutes Axis tanks can freely spend aimbotting Allied infantry with the coaxial AI gunner.

The coaxial AI gunner can shoot through smoke from over 500m with perfect accuracy, map awareness, and the ability to switch targets on the dime. Basically, as long as I have sight of the enemy spawn exit, NOTHING will escape. This is why it's a major balance issue if one side's tank is objectively superior to the other side's tank. These maps aren't large enough for RO1 style maneuvering, so the maneuver advantages T-34s have doesn't come in to play. From my personal experience in a PzIV, I can trade frontal shots and come out with a roughly 2:3 PzIV to T-34 death ratio, which gives me more time to exploit the aimbot coaxial AI gunner.

Upvote 0
In many games I have played, it seems to be solely based on people unaware of the Smoke Grenade.

Even in games where Allies are vastly outperforming the Axis, it eventually reaches the point where Allies are stonewalled by an open area and many of the Squad Leaders do not make use of their smokes.

I've actually turned a few of the games into victories by encouraging people to smoke locations, as many newcomers understand the importance of it for some of those final pushes.

Upvote 0
It's just the community, like every WW2 game RO attracts more than it's share of SS/Wehrmacht/Nazi fanboys who always pick German. It's been that way since RO was a mod for UT2003 and it will never change, just go through the forums and count the black and white German soldier avatars/signatures, then groan and facepalm as needed.

So what you have now in RO2 is a lot of experienced players who will almost only ever pick German. It's why you almost always see the German side stacked if a server isn't enforcing balanced team numbers.

I've been around since the mod days and I pretty much always pick whichever side is outnumbered or needs help, which is usually the Russians.

Also the MP40 is not overpowered, the only people who think that are retards who have no idea how to control recoil. Frankly if you bother to learn how to use it properly the PPSh41 is a ****ing rape machine of murder and death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I play as the Germans more often. Doesn't mean that I'm some kind of Nazi sympathizer, I just enjoy their aesthetics more. Like a LOT more. The machine gun of the russians is awful, and reminds me of the Japanese one with the stupid round magazine on top. I hate the ppsh 41 (granted, i'm not a big fan of SMG's in general). I do love their semi-auto (aesthetics wise mind you. I hate the noob cannon in game) and love the T-34 (though not nearly as much as the Panzer-IV). I know that liking a team's aesthetics is silly, but frankly I don't care. Also, in my experience it's been the Russian team winning most of the time. Granted, I'm usually surrounded by morons who have no idea what a cap point is, but still.

Upvote 0
I didn't even notice the 6 hour comment. I have 50 or so hours from beta and I can say without a doubt that the release day matches were much harder to win than the beta ones. The reason: My team is full of noobs. Friendly machine guns are not things you stand in front of, germans don't come from our spawn zone so shooting me twice in a row is sort of annoying, grenades bounce off door frames, and endlessly charging directly at places the enemy has sighted with MG's and snipers just lowers our reinforcement count without actually accomplishing anything.

Once the new influx of players gets more used to things, it should settle down I hope.

Upvote 0
six hours?! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA
By the time I post this thread, it has just gone by 6 hrs after the release. I have played all day now, and things remain the same. Just like TheDOW said, it is the maps that are unbalanced.

By the way, I have been playing Red Orchestra since the UT2K4 Mod (not as early as UT2K3 Mod though). I know how to play RO, as while as RO2, it's just all these unbalanced maps that ruins my 1st day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.