• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Really hope this game sells at full price

I will pay whatever price that they come up with but will all those stupid Cod Waw kids?

It's all about getting those people to atleast buy this game. I don't care if i have to play with them I will be on a passworded server anyways. What I would like to see are some Commercials/Advertisements on T.V seriously!
Imagine how amazing it would be to turn on your T.V and see an EPIC trailer about Ro HoS. They should also be shown on one major channel per country i guess... or like general area. = 1 in West europe, East Europe, USA, Canada, Japan!, Asia/places! They don't even need translations because anything with epic music and game footage that says Ro HoS will get them to want to buy it.

mmmm that would rly make my day:p......

Upvote 0
I will pay whatever price that they come up with but will all those stupid Cod Waw kids?

It's all about getting those people to atleast buy this game. I don't care if i have to play with them I will be on a passworded server anyways. What I would like to see are some Commercials/Advertisements on T.V seriously!
Imagine how amazing it would be to turn on your T.V and see an EPIC trailer about Ro HoS. They should also be shown on one major channel per country i guess... or like general area. = 1 in West europe, East Europe, USA, Canada, Japan!, Asia/places! They don't even need translations because anything with epic music and game footage that says Ro HoS will get them to want to buy it.

mmmm that would rly make my day:p......

why do we need to attract those people? they'll buy anything as long as it looks good and you can shoot things. spamming commercials is a waste of money.

if the game is good, it'll sell well. bottom line.

Upvote 0
Selling RO:OST at 20 dollars makes sense because its pretty much a MP-ONLY game. RO:HOS don't forget is going to have 2 complete Singleplayer campaigns for the Russians AND Germans. This puts it on the same level, content wise, as Call of Duty. Thus, since its content justifies it, it should sell full price.

What's so hard to understand?

Upvote 0
I think Valve stated that everytime they made tf2 cheaper they had a large spike in sales, the bigger the price cut the more sales.....

yes but this is a product well known to the gaming community, which has had massive exposure leading up to and indeed long after it's release.

Ppl are well aware it's going to be of a high quality, and they'd have known it would hold on to a huge playerbase long after it was first available.
A price drop would trigger a "yeah ok, i've wanting to get round to this game at some point, now's a good time" kinda thing.

When a game gets less exposure, ppl have less to go on and the rule of "you get what you pay for" may be a guiding factor in purchasing decisions.
Not for me, but for some i imagine.

Then again, if HoS gets more exposure than RO did, combined with positive write-ups, it would surely sell more copies if competitively priced.

Upvote 0
I don't understand the people who actually want to pay more, money does not grow in trees

if you feel you have to reward TWI for making the best game ever, just buy 2 or 3 copies and gift them to friends who wouldn't buy them anyway, so maybe hey get hooked and buy the next one themselves.

but seriously, not everybody is rich, and full price (50€) I never paid that amount of money for any game, in any case, if I want it badly, I take pre-order offers and try to find the cheapest place so I don't have to pay more than 30€ which IMO is already high, or wait till it gets old and they lower the price.

because IMO the standard full price of games is a rip-off that everybody has accepted as natural, and thanks to that, the standard full price is starting to switch from 50€ to 60€ and maybe now to 70€, because if people buy it anyway, there is nothing that stops the companies from pushing it.

as I said for me RO is the best game ever and probably the only one I would pay full price for it, however, I would feel very sad if I had to pay 25 extra € just so that an asshole out there who wouldn't like the game anyway doesn't think is a budget crappy game

that is not worth my 25€

and not everybody is like me who thinks this is the best game and therefore was willing to pay "full price" for it.

for that same logic, If i don't see it in banners all over the web and a thousand videos and years of hype, false promises and mag bribe, I would think its a budget game... "never heard of it", that factor is the one that will make most people think is budget.

Upvote 0
Rez made a solid post on the previous page and I cannot understand the strange behaviour of some people here.

It is by far the reputation of the developer established through previous releases and the PR campaign that affects the sales.

We are a case in point. Why are we on this forum in the first place? We have played the first title and found it to be a unique experience. The first title established trust and popularity and this is why most of us are aware of the sequel and looking forward to it.

Price increase will never raise demand even for luxury items like videogames. This is basic economics. The developer knows better which price they should use.

Upvote 0
yes but this is a product well known to the gaming community, which has had massive exposure leading up to and indeed long after it's release.

Ppl are well aware it's going to be of a high quality, and they'd have known it would hold on to a huge playerbase long after it was first available.
A price drop would trigger a "yeah ok, i've wanting to get round to this game at some point, now's a good time" kinda thing.

When a game gets less exposure, ppl have less to go on and the rule of "you get what you pay for" may be a guiding factor in purchasing decisions.
Not for me, but for some i imagine.

Then again, if HoS gets more exposure than RO did, combined with positive write-ups, it would surely sell more copies if competitively priced.

You dont have to think that just because RO is a nitch game it won't work. TW has built a reputation and just because they are not as big as TF2 doesn't mean and I think with good pricing that can get a lot of people to say "For that price, ya I'll give it a try." It will also help when people like us talk other into getting the game and there are some real reviews. Unlike the joke one from g4tv for RO:OF.

Upvote 0
That's not the point. The point is that people say "Oh, I'm willing to pay more if the higher price attracts more customers".

I see... i'm willing to pay more IF, and only IF, the higher price attracts more costumers... show me a study, factual proofs etc that it is how the market works.

In my opinion, the way to attract more costumers is having more marketing.

Here in Brazil, the preorder for the MW2 PC version is at R$250, roughly 130 dollars but i'm not seeing anyone preordering it here. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In my opinion, the way to attract more costumers is having more marketing.

Marketing costs money. LOTS of money. Full page ads in gaming magazines. Prominent ads on gaming web sites. Television commercials. Viral marketing campaigns. None of those come cheap.

All those costs need to be recouped somehow.

Upvote 0
From a consumer point of view I dont care about the price, what I'd really like though is for it to have a joint steam/retail launch. Not that I wouldnt buy it on steam but its annoying purchasing it on steam and then a few months later seeing it in the shops with nice shiny packaging and manuals etc for the same or cheaper price than it was on steam. Would be nice if we could pre-order a boxed copy (or a nice CE) to have it arrive on/just before steam unlock/release date.

From a marketing view though I do hope it is a full priced release, if it is a worthy successor to RO it does deserve it. Comparing it to the obvious Killing Floor, its on a shiny 'next gen' engine, has various game modes and will hopefully have fairly detailed and deep game play (nothing against KF on these points, fun game) and then we've all saw the many people say oh KF its only

Upvote 0
I still think it would be extremely epic to see Ro commercials...

either way i guess you proved me wrong..

But from what I can see no one seems to know about this games release that ive talked to.

I guess my friends just aren't that into gaming ...

or we might need some EPIC commercials to fix that...?

:Depicz:D

The demo was epic imagine a trailer:cool:

Upvote 0
If they do a marketing campaign, I'd like to see them play off A) the realism and B) the fact that, well, you're playing as either a German or a Russian. They just need to set themselves apart as something a little more impressive than JAWW2S (Just Another World War II Shooter).

Here's a little video/commercial idea I just came up with...

A ruined neighborhood. Extreme close-up of a 5-round 8mm stripper clip lying on the ground. A filthy hand grabs the clip and feeds it into a Kar98.

V.O. (In German accented voice): "We thought nothing could stand against us."
Close-up of tired eyes below a Wehrmacht helmet, sighting the rifle.

V.O. "Western Europe had fallen quickly beneath our boots - so our leaders turned our attention East. To the Soviets."
Flash of a tattered Soviet flag through the iron sights, atop a building. Smoke and mist make it hard to see.

V.O. "But, what we had hoped would be a simple operation..."
Quick pan down from flag. Target a single Russian soldier coming out of the fog. Fire. He's down. Work the bolt. The single shot echoes.

V.O. "...became the bloodiest battle in all of human history."
Out of the fog burst hundreds of charging Soviet soldiers, followed by T-34s. High above roar IL-2 Sturmoviks. Cannons flare. Tracers fly. The Wehrmacht soldier's eyes go wide, and then - with resolve - he squints once more behind the sights and keeps firing.

V.O. / White text on black background "Before D-Day."

Text Overlay (over in-game clips): Realism and action combined like never before.
Infantry units engaged in urban combat inside a ruined building.
A machine gunner opening up on enemy infantry, cutting them to pieces.
German sniper targeting the machine gunner and taking him out.

V.O. "Before the Bulge."

Text Overlay: Simulation-accurate vehicles and tactics
Tanks rolling through the tight streets, firing and under attack.
Shot of artillery blasting an enemy position. Soldiers go flying in pieces.
Soldier hurling a grenade.

V.O. "Before Berlin."

Text Overlay: Immersive squad-based combat
Soldiers leaning around corners and firing suppressively.

A Russian officer leads a charge at the camera, firing his PPSh-41.

V.O. "There was Stalingrad."
Text Overlay: Heroes of Stalingrad Logo
Shot of the ruined city, lit up with tracers and flames.

Last edited:
Upvote 0