• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Really hope this game sells at full price

People won't buy a game coz its cheap? first time i heard of that.
Somebody better tell Steam they are wasting their time selling games at reduced prices, although they seem to be selling quite well.
TWI are in the business of making money, but they have to compete with the "big boys" of the market place, whose games will sell, no matter what the price.
They have to set a price that will attract a lot of the customers away from the market leaders, selling the game at the top rate ($49.99?) will not do that.
$35 seems about right.
I wouldn't normally pre-order a game, i would wait until i had tried the demo, or read the results of a few reviews first., but i pre-ordered Battlefield 1943, firstly because of the price

Last edited:
Upvote 0
HoS isn't just RO with a graphical overhaul dude, if you think it is maybe you should read the featurelist again...
Sequels don't always need to be changed in drastic ways, for example take Max Payne 2.
It was almost the exact same as MP1, just bigger, better, and more slick.
Or Rogue Spear (basically Rainbow Six 2).
That was the exact same gameplay of Rainbow Six 1, but they added more stuff like leaning, sniper-support, basically a lot more functionality while remaining true to original.
That is what i want out of a sequal, the same, but more of it: penetration, mantling, co-op mode, better way to control bots, blind-firing, and the character progression stuff which i'm not sure about, an improved hit-detection system, MG's pivoting on bipods etc...

Upvote 0
I really hope RO:HoS will have better marketing organization and funds. Also some commercials would be nice.

Second thought is realease in non-euro currency countries. In my country euro price is extremly expensive and game bought via steam cost 4-5 times more than box version from local computer shop. SO i'm looking forward for retail european version premiere, hopefully it will be in same day as steam version

Upvote 0
I have read the feature list, but all those things are simply add-ons to what is basically a very good game in the first place.
In fact a lot of people are hoping that most of these features can be turned off, so they don't interfere with what's happening onscreen.
Long time hardened RO players are not interested in eye candy, they are more interested in gameplay, and improvements to that side of the game.(just as you said)
The graphical overhaul has nothing to do with it, since many games already have better graphics, and i don't see any new features that haven't been used in other games, so the price has to reflect these facts.
Many people bought RO, but gave up because of the steep learning curve, from what i've read TWI are trying to address this problem, and make the game slightly less daunting for new players, that in itself is a big selling point, and will hopefully encourage many of those people to give it another go.
If we are wanting to attract thousands of new players, and drag them away from other games, over-pricing is not the way to do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The game should be regular price and enough said. Why should they make it cheaper if it is supposed to look just as good as the competition. I don't feel like I deserve to save money on this buy because of my Roost experience that would just be stupid. TWI is making this great game for us, which by the way is a big change from the original RO and I think we as the community from roost should give a little back.

Upvote 0
start full price the typical $49.99

BUT

preorder for < $35 please!!!!!

should give a 10% discount per year a person has played RO. those mod guys would get out only spending $10 or so :D

For shame. I would pre-order this game for full price. I've already decided to hate Blizzard forever so I've got some pre-order cancellations on their upcoming games, which should help fund my purchase of HoS.

I also have absolutely no desire to play any shooter other than Red Orchestra, so believe me, I'll have a fair amount of money to spend on Tripwire's lovely realistic WWII war sim.

Considering that this game will include two singleplayer campaigns, a co-op mode, and online multiplayer, when you compare that to the first game's price of $20 for online multiplayer.....hey, I could justify spending $60 on this game. I think $50 is a healthy price for HoS, but I think the development team/publisher need to consider how best to market this game. Hopefully Steam will push HoS like they pushed Ost Front.

I'm with the OP here. Make a game too cheap and it will reek of budget. They need to implant the notion of it being a serious title to really unload units.

Baloney, I've steered away from Left 4 Dead for years on the basis that it was ridiculously expensive. I also maintained that it was a glorified mod. Playing Killing Floor for the first time helped to solidify that :D

Killing Floor at $20 feels like a much better buy than Left 4 Dead at $50.

Games that are multiplayer only should be cheaper, so should games with less content. HoS is chock-full.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow.

Yeah, i reely hope dey charge a lot for dis game, like a hundered bucks - then that means itz extra gud!

Look at this RO:Ostfrunt game.. only 20 buks - it must suck badlie. I wont even look at it cauz its so cheep!

I hab an idear - stop debelopment naow and charge mee 50 dollers, then laterz on sell me da rest for 30 buks moar!

:rolleyes::p sorry, this is such a bonehead thread, I had to.

Upvote 0
Wow.

Yeah, i reely hope dey charge a lot for dis game, like a hundered bucks - then that means itz extra gud!

Look at this RO:Ostfrunt game.. only 20 buks - it must suck badlie. I wont even look at it cauz its so cheep!

I hab an idear - stop debelopment naow and charge mee 50 dollers, then laterz on sell me da rest for 30 buks moar!

:rolleyes::p sorry, this is such a bonehead thread, I had to.

LoL, yeah, I hope they charge for downloadable maps.

If the game gets good reviews, it will sell. It's as simple as that. Get your game reviewed in big publications, especially Game Informer, IGN, and Gamespot, and I think you'll be just fine.

I'll be standing on the street with a big sign that says "COD SUCKS.....RO IS DA BOMB, YO," so I'll be doing my part.

Upvote 0
Hmm lot of Rich people around there.

I dont never ever buy a full price game, without haveing seen some videos
reviews before.

So i dont know if someone who dont know anythign about Ro:Hos will
buy Hos because it got 50euro price ticket.

But i use to buy some 20euro games sometimes whitout knowing are they
good or not. It doesnt matter 20euro isnt that much money.

I understand the point that higher price make it look more Pro, but
does it make you buy a game, where you dont know anything.

In other hand 30euro price can make you buy, is it good or just avrage
that doesnt matter.

I would say 35euro if possible.

Btw: RO-Ost was sold in full price in every regular mall in Finland.
Only game stores sold it with price of 29euro.

Upvote 0