• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Questions about features of the editor specific to Red Orchestra

dogbadger

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 19, 2006
here to kill your monster
I have a few questions about the Mom, spawning and other aspects of the editor that are specific to mapping in RO. I would happy if others post here with problems or advice so myself and hopefully others can pick up tricks of the trade that might help with Ro mapping or even encourage ppl to use the features in interesting ways and produce origional maps.
Just as long as it deals with/elaborates on Ro specifics like the Master Objective manager, Spawns, Artillary, Classes, etc. as there is plenty of other recources for general UnEd advice.

Anyway here's my first problem-

I want a situation where there is a linear string of objectives, and capping the final one at the opponent's end wins the round. Both these end caps start in the possesion of the appropriate side, and are initailly inactive and therefore must be unlocked by capturing other non critical caps between in the middle. However the status of the other caps between these 2 critical ones is completely immaterial.

Is there a way to make these objectives trigger a win for either side? This would solve everything.

I am aware of the event>event and Roobjective>alliesevent/axisevent boxes in the RoObjTerritory properties. However as they require a written string rather than selectable options I have little idea what i should enter, if indeed they can in fact be used to create a win.

Otherwise, i have to set up a situation a bit like Barashka- making the end caps both required and the rest secondary, and in my case setting 2 caps to win but this creates a couple of problems.

Firstly,you get a split objective list on the map screen which I don't particularly want. On top of this - as the end caps are initially inactive, you have an empty space in the required list and objectives missing written at the bottom. It doesn't look brilliant and I'd rather objective were just listed together with the minimum of fuss/clutter/confusion.

Also the "we are about to win/lose the battle message" does not seem to respect the fact that the required caps are actually locked. therefore you receive this message every time a cap is taken, as technically you are only ever one cap away from victory/defeat.

Any advice greatly appreciated.