• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question to all the Tankers.

No music for me normally. It feels distracting and does make it harder to hear the (important) sounds on the battlefield. I might try some lower volume music at some point. The in-game music is quite nice, but sometimes the same loop going on and on for a long battle is tiresome. When I do have music:

1. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 1 and 2 (the most hardcore is "In Deep" from RA2. The best theme for.. 'inside each man; something lurks; the attraction to machines; of warfare')
2. Rage Against the Machine ("Renegades" album)
3. AC/DC "Thunderstruck"
4. Robotech (many suitable cues and themes for various types of battle situations)
5. Equilibrium (the sci-fi movie. Lots of milder sounding 'doomsday hardcoreness' themes).
6. Metal Gear Solid (Sons of Liberty & Snake Eater. Plenty of suitable background music there).

There's more but I can't go on forever.

Upvote 0
At least in DH u can't listen any music. Tank engine/shooting sounds are essential in it. It makes about 1/3 of the game tactics to hear what and from where it is coming. And in a game where most likely the first shot will end the duel, it is pretty important to get all possible info u can. I suppose in sponge-sponge gameplay the sounds are not that important...

Upvote 0
I rarely listen to music while playing because I have to hear the gunshots for positional awareness and any voice chat that helps teamwork.

But if I did it would be

Not a Nazi fanboy but I just like the sound of this German rock even if I have no clue what he is saying lol.

Rammstein-Die Brücke - YouTube

Waffen SS - Rammstein Sonne - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0