• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Question to all the Tankers.

RojaNNation

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
Los Angeles, California
Just a quick and fun question: What music, if any, do you guys prefer to listen to while tanking? I usually listen to some rap (west coast or southern). It gets me in the mood when I blow up and mow down Russians. :IS2:

Reactions: Typewriter

MikkOwl

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
Sweden
No music for me normally. It feels distracting and does make it harder to hear the (important) sounds on the battlefield. I might try some lower volume music at some point. The in-game music is quite nice, but sometimes the same loop going on and on for a long battle is tiresome. When I do have music:

1. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 1 and 2 (the most hardcore is "In Deep" from RA2. The best theme for.. 'inside each man; something lurks; the attraction to machines; of warfare')
2. Rage Against the Machine ("Renegades" album)
3. AC/DC "Thunderstruck"
4. Robotech (many suitable cues and themes for various types of battle situations)
5. Equilibrium (the sci-fi movie. Lots of milder sounding 'doomsday hardcoreness' themes).
6. Metal Gear Solid (Sons of Liberty & Snake Eater. Plenty of suitable background music there).

There's more but I can't go on forever.

Cpt-Praxius

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 12, 2005
Canadian in Australia
No music for me as well. and additional sounds are a distraction and only make you die more than you truly should.

It's not just tanks you need to listen to, but infantry coming along to blow you up.

Reactions: Typewriter

Squad Leader

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2011
I usualy just listen to the ingame music or none at all. If I started to listen to rap, I'd probably kill myself.

Dr.Atkins

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 9, 2009
At least in DH u can't listen any music. Tank engine/shooting sounds are essential in it. It makes about 1/3 of the game tactics to hear what and from where it is coming. And in a game where most likely the first shot will end the duel, it is pretty important to get all possible info u can. I suppose in sponge-sponge gameplay the sounds are not that important...