• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code [Question] Keyboard Input and Sprint Variables

Youg

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2013
Is there any way to alter within the UnrealScript the keyboard input keys? I want to seperate the focus and sprint keys so that I can log when the players press and release sprint and sprint alone with a time stamp.

I've found within the development, SRC, ROGame and then Classes the file "ROPlayerController" has a player movement section, though no suggestion on where the keys used are assigned or the sprint variables are stored. So could I get pointed to the file that has the sprint variables, and can I separate the features?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Youg.

All UE3 specific keybindings are stored/maintained in the PlayerInput class. The RO2 specific keybindings are stored in the ROPlayerInput class. You can only access them at client side over ROPlayerInput(PlayerController.PlayerInput).

A read example can be found in method BuildKeyBindDisplayList of class ROUIWidgetKeyBindings.

Upvote 0