• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PSA Regarding issue with the Matriarch Seasonal Objective

Well you have until Jan 7th and I was getting to the Boss in 4 minutes [kill within 5] so it's pretty easy tbh - fact I've done the 'Seasonal' Objectives within days every time shows they aren't that challenging/time-consuming
I mean where has the flat kills challenge gone? Went from 2500 to 1500 and now gone completely - surely they should have increased it, incentivise playing more no?

It is unfortunate it relies on RNG, would've thought she might have been consistently the Boss of Biotics Lab Objective [at least until Season passes] but alas she is not

To those who don't have the time or patience, you could always find someone* who does and then join them for Boss waves? Just a thought

*That doesn't mean myself, I plan on taking it easy this holiday season

Upvote 0
We've been considering how to best approach the issue players are having with needing the final blow in order to gain credit for the victory. We looked at the feasibility of a hotfix at this point in December. Unfortunately, with the holidays and the timing it will not work out. We do not want players to miss out on the reward. We want you all to be able to relax and enjoy the seasonal with out stressing over the combination of RNG and needing a final blow, as that was never intentional. We feel that the best thing to do is make sure players get the seasonal reward at the end of the event whether the Matriarch Objective is completed or not. Players will be receiving the reward at the end of the event regardless of the status of the Matriarch specific Objective. Apologies for the inconvenience. No get back to shooting and hacking up zeds in true holiday spirit!

Thank you for this palliative, but personalli I'm disappointed: I wouldn't expect such kind of huge evaluation errors after years you develop this game...

EDIT: anyway, couldn't be easier to modify a map to make it spawn ONLY Matriarch as boss until the event goes?

Upvote 0
Well you have until Jan 7th and I was getting to the Boss in 4 minutes [kill within 5] so it's pretty easy tbh - fact I've done the 'Seasonal' Objectives within days every time shows they aren't that challenging/time-consuming
I mean where has the flat kills challenge gone? Went from 2500 to 1500 and now gone completely - surely they should have increased it, incentivise playing more no?

It is unfortunate it relies on RNG, would've thought she might have been consistently the Boss of Biotics Lab Objective [at least until Season passes] but alas she is not

To those who don't have the time or patience, you could always find someone* who does and then join them for Boss waves? Just a thought

*That doesn't mean myself, I plan on taking it easy this holiday season

This is the first seasonal I've not managed to finish within a couple of days due to the Matriarch.

Still, I finally racked up 10 kills last night when, out of nowhere, she showed up three times consecutively (once in survival and twice in endless). I just hope we don't have any similar challenges with such skewed odds in future.

Upvote 0
And I finally had a Matriarch boss fight.. wow.. just wow.

tenor.gif

Upvote 0
For those interested, I confirmed with the team early in December that all bosses, outside of weekly outbreak modes, have the same chance of spawning. Matty has the exact same chance as any other Boss to spawn. Sorry to hear some of you are having some really bad luck with rng.

This is true for both console and PC

Upvote 0
For those interested, I confirmed with the team early in December that all bosses, outside of weekly outbreak modes, have the same chance of spawning. Matty has the exact same chance as any other Boss to spawn. Sorry to hear some of you are having some really bad luck with rng.

This is true for both console and PC

Literally all my friends had no luck then, weird.

Upvote 0
Getting back to this thread.. Since the reply about the chance of Matriarch being the same as other bosses, when it was literally less than 5% Matriarch for a friend and only once or twice for me untill this reply, I got Matriarch on a normal ratio now.. That's really odd.. It's like you actually changed something in your live settings system in the backend.. don't recall how it's called, you know the system where you can tweak server global settings from your backend that will apply directly on servers.. Really weird. Really.

Upvote 0