• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Preview patch changelog (v1011)

[TW]Strago

Tripwire Interactive Staff
Jun 23, 2010
Gameplay
  • Reduced Spartan attack speed to intended value
  • Increased smash knockdown power to intended value (note: text description of perk has not changed yet)
  • Tightened spread on HX25
Audio
  • Added voice over for Strasser, replaces placeholder audio
  • Balanced all voice over audio
Optimization
  • Improved performance on Catacombs
  • General FleX optimizations
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where HX25 rounds were not dealing impact damage online
  • Fixed some zeds spawning in the wrong wave on normal length games
  • (NEW) Graphics options can once again be edited in the ini without being overwritten
Known Issue
  • Grenade supplier perk is only working once per game instead of once per wave

Nice to see more FleX optimizations. I tested some now. Unfortunetly 'Gibs + Fluids' still drops fast, hard, and often to 30 frames per second. However 'Gibs Only' seems to have improved a little bit. It still dips like it did before, but less often now. Can't wait to see more optimizations like this to fix FleX Gib and fluid performance. Hopefully Nvidia's got an driver update to help with this.

i7-5820 3.3 GHz
32 GB DDR4
Geforce GTX 980 Sc
(1080p, maximum graphics, vsync, no AA) (With FleX PhysX off = solid 60 fps) (Gibs Only = 45-60) (Gibs+Fluids = 30-60)

Upvote 0
nice. good to see berserker isn't getting any nerfs with all the people complaining about it being OP. The only thing op about it is medic can heal a berserker so fast they can never die when holding off at a doorway or the one stairway on catacombs. If you ask me, medic is the one who needs rebalancing because anyone who thinks that that strategy with berserker is OP, news flash, the berserker could do that BEFORE this beta update. I've done it on hell on earth with a full team, and I agree it's too easy and needs to be fixed but the problem is teams are too heavily reliant on medics, not berserker is op. Even if a commando was standing at the bottom of a stairway or small doorway knifing everything, I'm pretty sure unless a scrake or FP comes, the medic would be able to outheal any and all damage the commando takes. A majority of the time spent in HOE right now is spend standing behind a berserker while a medic heals him and everyone else occasionally does something; whenever a scrake comes the berserker has to back up into the team to actually kill it because believe it or not the berserker isn't strong enough to handle a scrake without constant healing and parrying 75% of all the scrakes attacks.

I think the commando, support, and the firebug are the only balanced classes.

Commando: BALANCED
Commando has good damage, can take down a variety of zeds easily if you can land the shots, and has a reasonable amount of ammo for all the guns.

Support: BALANCED
Support has less ammo, but has higher dps and has enough carrying weight to hold more guns to compensate.

Firebug: BALANCED
Firebug is good with the flamethrower + the bonus 70% burn time (lv10 perk) or the microwave gun with the knockback on enemies that get close(also lv10 perk). You've got 2 good options which adds variety to the class and switching only requires swapping the lv 10 perk.

Demo: Underpowered
Demo does too little damage to FPs on HOE, 6 or 7 rockets to kill a FP doesn't work when he's right next to you after 2 rockets and the c4 is effectively useless since you can't trigger them all at once or bind them in groups, and even if you could, consecutive explosions do too much reduced damage. Also it's useless against Hans.

If the rocket launcher was a bit stronger (maybe 4 rockets to kill a FP on HOE with 6 people, that way 1 demo could get it to half before it's close to the team, and 2 could outright kill it before it gets close, as the should be able to) and c4 was fixed, Demos would have a choice between an HX25 + M79 + C4, or HX25 + RPG-7; both would be as viable, even on later waves, and that fact would make demo more enjoyable because you have options as opposed to one setup that just simply is the best, just like the firebug.

Medic: Overpowered
Teams reliance on medic is ridiculously high. It's at the point where the team relies on a medic so much to the point where if the medic dies, usually half the team dies as well. If the medic stops pumping people with darts to reload, usually somebody loses more than half their health simply because they're used to being able to just stand in a horde with no consequences. The fact that medic can allow people to do this is kind of dumb, and I've actually tested tabbing out while many things are attacking me on hell on earth and my health stayed stably at 100%. I'd say the best fix would be to buff the syringe's effect depending on difficulty, as well as make using it on teammates only use 50% charge(instead of recharge faster). Also reduce dart recharge rate on all medic guns, and buff berserkers parry so all attacks of the scrake are cancelable by parrying, and buff the demo as I stated above. Right now berserkers kind of just spam right click on scrakes while the medic outheals all the damage instead of the berserker needing to parry anything. Of course if all the scrakes attacks are cancelable by parrying I think he should have the same damage as he did before this update. These changes would remove medics ability to just make anyone do whatever they want without dying simply by reducing the teams reliance on a medic. I just feel like no one role should have so much of an impact on whether the team does well or not, and no good medic on the team = an automatic loss for the most part. Medic would still be good as a class and fun to play but it wouldn't be able to allow people to just tank scrakes or hordes of small zeds with no consequence, which I think is broken and doesn't belong in the game; and yes, this is not observed on normal, it is on hell on earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
nice update!
but few things are still making me cringe:
-the reload cancel is too op, example: the reload time of dual 9mm is like 3-4secs. And if you cancel the reload with the RMB, the reload time decreases to 1sec!
-overall sounds, example: louder zeds like flesh pound (more metal sounds pls like kf1), scrake (i want his laughter back :D) and the cry of the siren and maybe more ambients?
-Some maps with destruction like battlefield 4 it did, example:
you can destroy some obstacles to open a new room or destroy a specific scripted ground in burning paris to get in the urban station
-And please get an option for the head blobbing and the melee vibration thing when hitting stuff. People get motion sickness, including me.
The rest is awesome, get it up TWI!

Upvote 0