• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Preview patch changelog (v1010)

[TW]Strago

Tripwire Interactive Staff
Jun 23, 2010
Patch for the opt-in preview available soon. See you in game!

Weapons
  • Reverted changes to starting and max ammo for Tier 1 and Tier 2 Support weapons.
  • Tweak to laser sight on Eviscerator
  • Made Scrake more vulnerable to direct hits from RPG rockets, especially when aiming for the head
  • Increased the pellet penetration and ability for Dragon's Breath Shotgun rounds to panic ZEDs
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed comm rose being stuck on screen after Hans intro
  • Fixed Berserker damage resistance description
  • Fixed Berserker melee attack speed being incorrectly calculated
  • Fixed Berserker Smash, Block and Furious Defender skills not working as intended
  • Fixed stuck ZEDs not respawning
  • Fixed Zweihander having an ammo cost in the trader
  • Fixed broken animations when reloading some weapons
  • Fixed microwave gun effect looping on corpses
  • Fixed low friction FleX gore
  • Fixed no sound effect when turning NVG's on and off.
  • Fixed a bug where Berserker passive bonus to attack speed applied to melee bashes with non-berserker weapons.
  • Fixed an issue with the sight for the microwave guns when real time reflections were turned on.
  • Fixed an issue where the lobby music would play during the first wave
  • Fixed a bug where players could instant-kill Hans using some melee weapons
  • Fixed an issue where the Hans intro would not work properly in some resolutions
  • Replaced debug text when trying to join a full server
Optimization
  • FleX crash fixes and performance optimizations
  • Emitter/explosion optimizations
  • Log spam cleanup

Thank you for changing the support weapons ammo. That was a big pain in the butt. Havent played yet. Is it back to how it was before?

Also. ..I have to say, great job on the fleshpound. He feels like a force to be reckoned with again. It's nice to see that he stopped taking his anger management classes!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice !

Seems like I'll have to try the "new" Dragon's Breath Shotgun.

Regarding the demo : Great for the Scrake. However, I understand that a lot of people were complaining that Hans had too much resistance to explosive. Hopefully, it will get look at soon :).

OMG, 500 mo for the update. Seems a lot because it should mainly be code fixing and not adding new contents (like map/weapon/animation...).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you so much for fixing Berserker's level 15 skills c:

But why nerf the trenchgun? I never used it in KF1 because it wasn't that great, but then with the beta it became good and useful, but now with no panic potential or decent penetration, it goes back to the bottom of my arsenal chest :c

I think you read what happened to the trenchgun wrong....

Upvote 0
Downloaded, gonna have to try that trench gun again! I made it work for me before but it was unforunately underwhelming. With penetration and panic increased it may be just what it needed!

Now all that's needed is to change fuse to afterburn damage instead of duration, in my humble opinion! Oh, and I have an opinion on Shrapnel but this isn't the place to share that I think.

Upvote 0
Downloaded, gonna have to try that trench gun again! I made it work for me before but it was unforunately underwhelming. With penetration and panic increased it may be just what it needed!

Now all that's needed is to change fuse to afterburn damage instead of duration, in my humble opinion! Oh, and I have an opinion on Shrapnel but this isn't the place to share that I think.

And starting ammo per level to max ammo per level? ;)

Upvote 0
And starting ammo per level to max ammo per level? ;)
Why not make it do both? Support has a talent does both, last time I checked Medic's talent that increased starting ammo secretly did both, and I feel like all of those increased starting ammo effects should do both.

Otherwise, what's the point in taking a talent that lets you start with some extra ammo? Just to use it for the first wave and switch off? That seems silly, to me.

Firebug's starting ammo perk bonus isn't all that strong, anyway, so it wouldn't be boosted by a whole lot. +25% max ammo would be another 100 ammo for the M-Gun and flamer. That isn't game-changing but it's still good, especially on the higher difficulties. In my opinion the talent that gives you max ammo when you buy weapons should also increase max ammo cap slightly as well. Say, 10%, 15%? That way it would be competitive with Flaratovs, since last time I checked Firebug ammo was disgustingly cheap, so that talent isn't that useful otherwise.

Upvote 0