• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

PRESS .. what game mode are they playing??

HellBilly

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 13, 2011
i think that 2 vs 2 mp game video
the one were they asked if they could play TDM
should be a sign

Tzako

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 21, 2011
Belgium
No, 'cause yoshiro asked the beta testers to join the server where the gamescom press would play, and afaik the actual beta servers are on a full TE rotation

HellBilly

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 13, 2011
i think its a mistake to have the press play a game mode
that eveyone agrees can take hours to learn

its TW mistake to make though

Devil_Inside

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 7, 2007
Moldova
What better options did they have for the press?
Play Countdown, die from the first bullet and wait 5 minutes to respawn?
Play Firefight, die from 30 camping snipers/machinegunners on the other team?

Reactions: NuclearDruid

Nar6

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 1, 2010
France
I think the problem with TWI as regards press is that :

-Either they show the game on servers with bots on easy difficulty which makes them look dumb and thus does not really give a good impression.
-or they show the game in an empty server which does NOT look like the real Red Orchestra gameplay.

I think it is sad to show the game like that when we know there will be 64 player servers availaible... (and all the awesomeness with it)

And like many people have already said, it is hard to advertise the game to friends because there is not enough stuff to show.

Reactions: Tzako

Jimmy_Jacked

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 14, 2011
No idea about gamemode, but they will be playing with the current beta testers, so the server will be filled.

godtom

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2009
I think the problem with TWI as regards press is that :

-Either they show the game on servers with bots on easy difficulty which makes them look dumb and thus does not really give a good impression.
-or they show the game in an empty server which does NOT look like the real Red Orchestra gameplay.

I think it is sad to show the game like that when we know there will be 64 player servers availaible... (and all the awesomeness with it)

And like many people have already said, it is hard to advertise the game to friends because there is not enough stuff to show.
your friend gotta buy RO1 to see what the gameplay is going to be like.

Last edited:

Ossius

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2011
Is it Beta testers vs the press, or are they mingled? If not.

May God have mercy on their souls.