• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ports used by Killing Floor

Ive done everything listed in thread i cannot connect to a online game unless its a friends game please help it just says connecting forever and then says connection faileD!
1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Upvote 0
Hello,

I recently tried to help a friend of mine in getting a listen server up and working in Killing Floor, but with no luck.

I manually opened the ports mentioned ingame (also mentioned in the opening message of this thread) in the router, and temporarily disabled the software firewall used for connection testing (not the safest thing, I know). The router also had an in-built firewall, but it was not enabled and shouldn't interfere.

Still, as I opened up a lobby on my friend's computer, and then tried joining it from my own computer (and from my own, different internet connection) which has no problems with Killing Floor, I couldn't connect or get a response from the listen server through Steam friends nor through the ingame Friends tab. My friend can join dedicated and listen servers hosted by others with no problems.

I have to say, this was the first time I've ever had to open up ports on a router, but the browser interface seemed very straigthforward and I doublechecked each port/protocol. Unfortunately I didn't realise to check if the ports were open with any tool, so there is a possibility of human error involved, I suppose. I should make sure the ports are actually opened when I get the chance... In the meanwhile

Upvote 0
Just make sure that the forwarded ports are going to his internal IP address, and then use the port checker on portforward.com - the router probably isn't doing its job properly. You can try turning on or off the uPNP function if the router has it as well.
Would that make a difference? I have the same issue as many others here. I forwarded all ports correctly, NAt = True, the whole shabang. Yet I still can't host. People get server not responding when they try to join my game. What could I be doing wrong? :/

Upvote 0
Running firewall that's blocking incoming connections.
Not forwarding the to the correct Internal IP.
Would hosting over a wireless connection have anything to do with this? I can connect directly to my modem/router (one unit does both) & try it. As for internal IP, can you explain which IP that is? I know there is the 192.168.0.1 that I log into my router with, but when I go to details in my connection it says 192.168.0.6 under IPv4 Connection. Is that the IP I should be forwarding ports to?

Upvote 0
Complicated Port Forward

Complicated Port Forward

So, i have forwarded the necessary UDP and TCP ports, but i can't seem to do it right (using software to check, it says they are still closed). I use more than one router, tried port forwarding on both of them, and also an additional fix involving the DMZ. None of it has worked. I ran out of ideas, so i came here to ask for help. I can join any game, i just can't host them. My my router is a D-Link DSL 2640t and my modem/router is a Cisco WRT120N. Hope someone can help me.

Upvote 0
Please guys help me to configure correctly port forward for killing floor.I try t configure correctly these ports in my router,but don t work,and I don t know why,and I don t know where I wrong.My router is Asus RT-N10.I fill up all fields in virtual server on my router:
7707 UDP,7708 UDP,7717 UDP,8075 TCP,20560 UDP and 28852 BOTH.
I try to verify if it s ok with program Simple Port tester,and this program say: Failed.My port are not open....

I also mentioned I modify line in kilingfloor: ServerBehindNAT=True

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
I wonder why people are always talking about forwarding all those ports. I never saw a distinction between incoming and outgoing ports.

I tried to figure out which ports are used for what and if it's really neccesary to forward/open (for those who run a firewall on the server...) all of them. From what I found out so far:

Required

7707/udp --- Inbound --- Game Port (main communication port)
7708/udp --- Inbound --- Query Port (For querying server infos?)
7717/udp --- Inbound --- Gamespy Query Port (I thought Gamespy is dead, is it deprecated/obsolete?)

Optional

8075/tcp --- Inbound --- WebAdmin (if needed/enabled)
20560/udp --- Outbound --- Steam Port (Server integration into Steam, joining etc.)
28852/tcp --- Outbound --- Master Server (Required for showing up in the server browser)
28852/udp --- Outbound --- Master Server (Required for showing up in the server browser)

Any further information/experience about that?

Upvote 0