• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Popsmoke games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a solid base of content? I remember a few screenies ages ago and I haven't seen a thing since they announced the switch to UE4. There's zip on their own website, they don't even post in their own forums.

TWI has zero obligation to cooperate with any mod team, share ideas or whatever. It's not like IC "owns" the concept of a game in Vietnam.....

your right they dont, but i imagine (unless the game is farther in dev then we expected), they were heavvily influenced by popsmokes efforts, really like i said i just want to see the two collaborate.

Upvote 0
It's nice that you have an active imagination. Here's what a dev actually said:

We aren't done with RO 2/RS just yet. But RS2: Vietnam has been an evolving project that started as one thing, and has ended up someplace different at someplace else.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1416978&postcount=4

I'd wager that KF2 enabled the move towards Vietnam more than anything, they've hinted that from what they've learned about UE3 running on 64bit they could expand the scope of RO2 & RS.

I just can't see that Popsmokes small early efforts influenced much of anything. If PS continues to live and is able to eventually put out a title on UE4, it could be epic, but it's a huge endeavour.

Upvote 0
If someone can lock this thread as this shouldn't really be about In Country Vietnam but about Rising Storm 2 Vietnam. It's their moment so enjoy the trailer and their hard work.

There's no competition between the two other than the exciting thought of multiple Vietnam War games on the horizon.

Upvote 0
Personally, I dont feel compelled to pick one game or the other. Additionally, I would not assume they will be competing or even comparable games. I will gladly play both if it suits me.

I would hate to see some sort of rift forming between these two independent projects amongst the community here. Lets just wait and see how it all plays out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.